“Touristy” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Boston, Massachusetts
“Touristy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

We were directed to Joe’s by a Haleiwa local. Unfortunately, Joe’s is very touristy although locals go there. We found the drinks mediocre and the fish average. All in all, not terrible, but we felt like we could have had the fish dishes served up at Joe’s at any restaurant in any coastal city in the US.

OK if you must go, but a shrimp truck is more exciting.

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Harpers Ferry, WV
“Pretty good fish & great view on patio.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

This was our first outing in Hawaii for dinner. Mysalmon was perfectly cooked & my husband's fish was amazing as well. The waitress was really slow but the food made up for it. Try to sit out on the patio if you can for the view of the water. The dessert was amazing too! I'm a very picky eater so my hubby was shocked how I loved it.

• Visited November 2010
Sydney, Australia
“Fun place on the north shore for dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

We stopped here for dinner on a Friday night, and they had some local live music which was nice. We were seated right away at a nice table with an ocean view! I ordered the spicy shrimp satay, which was very good. My wife had the baked fish which was also great with a coconut crust on top. I also tried the "outside double up" drink which our waitress said was a local favorite. This drink was huge and very tropical, but make sure you have a designated driver if you try this one! This little restaurant is a good stop on the old historic north shore hawaii.

• Visited April 2011
Winnipeg, Canada
“Best meals we had in Oahu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

My husband and I enjoyed our food so much that we brought our 3 daughters the next evening. My husband had the chipotle pork chop both times because it was so delicious. I had a teriyaki steak the first night which was wonderful. The second night I had an amazing simple crab salad with avocados . It is served on two whole hearts of romaine with a peppercorn ranch dressing and I really can't rave enough about it. The sizzling mushroom app was a huge hit as was the coconut shrimp. We also had the hot fudge sundaes and let's just say I may have eaten mine and most of my daughter's leftovers.

Prices are fair for the quality. Service was very efficient. I love how organized the restaurant is- a table leaves and is immediately bussed and set. I hate looking at dirty tables.

Ask to sit on the patio. It is cool and breezy and the view is charming.

• Visited May 2011
“Overated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

Food was bland...the only reason the ribs are called sticky is the meat sticks to the bones...very tough...service was so so...overall it is not what is advertised...

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere