“perfect location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ke Iki Beach Bungalows

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Haleiwa
Ke Iki Beach Bungalows
You added Ke Iki Beach Bungalows to your Saves list
59-579 Ke Iki Rd, Haleiwa, Oahu, HI 96712   |
Chicago, Illinois
“perfect location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

The beach is perfect & the location is perfect. I stayed in the Plumeria bungalow. It was a little warm inside, but I purchased a 15.00 fan that I used the entire trip and it made it much more comfortable. I would suggest getting one of the beach front rooms, which I will do for my next visit.
The supply of beach chairs & body boards was very much appreciated.
I think it is a beautiful property, exactly what I was looking for. I personally don't like the big hotel atmosphere. If you are looking for valet parking, room service, etc...this isn't the place for you, but if you have more of an independent spirit, I think you will love it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Fairfax, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

My son & stayed in a 2 bedroom garden view bungalow. The bungalows have a fantastic location on the North Shore between Waimea Bay & Sunset Beach. Our unit had a living room, eating area, kitchen, bathroom with shower & 2 bedrooms. Plus free parking. By the way, the kitchen had a full size refrigerator, a microwave, stove, a coffee pot & kitchen essentials like plates, cups, silverware, etc. Quite nice. Our bathroom was stocked with several towels ( meaning more than 1 bath towel per person). Soap was provided but no other toiletries. And the beds were comfortable. We didn't do any cooking on the stove & did not use the oven since we only stayed a few days. One small item, the stove needed new drip pans & the oven needed to be cleaned. This is the place to come to get away from the big resorts & city hotels. There's great snorkeling within walking distance at Shark's Cove. Some good places to eat are Ted's Bakery (delicious garlic shrimp) and Shark's Cove Grill (an ahi burger on a Taro bun). I would definitely like to come back sometime with all of my family.

• Stayed July 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

We pre-booked and paid for 5 nights accomodation at another premises on the North Shore and arrived at the 3PM check in time after a sleepless 10 hour flight from Australia. I crashed out on the bed and was then awoken by a knocking on the door. Another newly arrived couple from California said they had booked and paid accomodation for the same cabin. After a bit of to and fro-ing with the owner, she said we had to vacate as the other couple had paid 1st ! Short story is Greg found us a room for 3 nights at Ke Iki and then was able to get us in to a Turtle Beach condo for the other 2 nights and we really appreciated him going out of his way to accomodate us at no notice and with no obligation. He turned an initial disaster into a great holiday and we wouldnt hesitiate recommeding Ke Iki Beach Bungalows to anyone who wants a low key, laid back Hawaii escape. If you want flashing lights, lots of brand names and general commercialism, stay on the other side of Oahu. If however, you want to step back in time a bit and take each day as it comes, then head to the North Shore any time of year..Cameron and Joanne Graham, Avalon Australia now living in Atlanta GA

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

This place is such a find, I almost hate to give this glowing review, because I want to keep the secret all to myself. The North Shore of Oahu is one of the most beautiful locales in the Hawaiian islands, the home of Sunset Beach and Waimea Bay, two of the most spectacular beaches in the world. And it's not very touristy, because there are not hotels here, other than the very bland Turtle Bay resort of the very northern tip of the island. Keiki Beach Bungalows are the only other place to stay (unless you are renting a house) and luckily, they are fantastic. Simple, tasteful, clean, spacious, and very affordable - and located right on a gorgeous stretch of Sunset Beach. Everything you need is nearby: an excellent supermarket across the street (the bungalows have well-appointed kitchens), places to rent snorkeling or surf gear right down the road (great snorkel and surf spots abound), local shops and restaurants down in Haleiwa, the nearby town. Greg, who runs the establishment, is a really pleasant and helpful fellow. When we accidentally left our bathing suits there, Greg washed and dried them and sent them to our home. The whole place has a friendly, communal feel that was fantastic. Couldn't recommend it any more highly.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
McLean, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

My husband and I, celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary, wanted to experience both Waikiki and North Shore, in less than a week and our first visit to Hawaii. My sister had recommended Ke Iki bungalows. While not as upscale as the hotels on Waikiki, the KeIki bungalows--and the Plumeria bungalow in particular--provided us with a very different and equally delightful ambiance. In Waikiki, we enjoyed the view of Diamond Head from our room, but that also meant hearing the shouts of swimmers from the pools below. At Ke Iki, in spite of the fact that most bungalows seemed to be occupied, it was wonderfully quiet. The resort also has a quiet time from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. which everyone seemed to observe. The palm trees and plumeria around the bungalows makes for a beautiful setting. Since we had apparently just missed the spring break vacationers, the beach was empty. We enjoyed walks along Sunset Beach but did not enter, especially because there were no lifeguards on duty. We enjoyed having our own kitchen and a place to eat meals, such as the roast chicken we brought home from the nearby Foodland supermarket (a 3-minute drive, or 10-minute walk away), and comfortable place to hang out in between walks and sightseeing. The ceiling fans and open windows provided lovely breezes. The Plumeria bungalow is not far from the 2-lane Kamehamea highway but we were not disturbed by the sounds of cars; traffic was minimal at night. Also the Plumeria bungalow doesn't have a view of the ocean (only the lawn and other bungalows) but it takes all of one minute to walk up the driveway and walkway to the bluff overlooking the beach. (Don't miss the hammocks.)

We stayed at Ke Iki only 2 nights/2 days; we were very careful not to bring in sand to the cottage. And in any case, we are neat guests. Thus it seemed unfair that Ke Iki Bungalows charges everyone--no matter how neat you leave your bungalow--a $30
cleaning fee.

The young woman who checked us in was polite but not particularly welcoming. Because I had read how hospitable the hosts at Ke Iki are, I was disappointed not to meet Greg, about whom others had written and with whom I had corresponded when I made the reservations, but I assumed he'd be around later. However, when I tried calling the office later to ask a question, I got a recording that the owner (Greg) was off-island until May.

Oh, and one person in a review complained about cockroaches. Yes, we met two--one in the living room and one in the bathroom. My husband was about to complain when he googled "cockroaches in Hawaii" and we quickly learned that these "American cockroaches" are common around the islands and can be found even in luxury hotels. (This is probably why there's a fly swatter under the kitchen sink.)

The Ke Iki Plumeria Bungalow was a great place to stay for an opportunity to experience North Shore life. (Don't miss the story about the waves in the Notebook for guests.)

Ke Iki Cottages is not far from Waimea Valley, well worth the stop and the pleasant stroll thru the gardens to the waterfall. (For those who have trouble walking there's a shuttle).
Loved it!

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

Just stayed in the Bird of Paradise oceanfront bungalow this past Saturday and had an awesome time! The bungalows are fabulous and having an oceanfront unit was amazing for beach activities, grilling, and watching the sunset. My friends all had a great time and some have already booked a bungalow for later this summer! The owner, Greg, was wonderful!! Thanks for making my birthday so special :)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Auckland, NZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

What an amazing location, right on the beach. You can relax in a hammock and watch the waves roll in. Beautiful bungalows with everything you need. While they're not the most modern looking places inside, the bungalows are very comfortable and inviting and relaxing, which is precisely what we wanted. Our decision to go to Ke Iki was very last minute and I'm so glad that we did. What a great find! Definitely recommend this place to groups of friends and also to couples.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Ke Iki Beach Bungalows? Share your experiences!