“Incredible instrcution, especially for beginners!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 47 Activities in Haleiwa
Type: Surf Camps, Adventure
Miami, Florida
“Incredible instrcution, especially for beginners!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

My uncle gifted us with surf lessons through Buttons while we were visiting family on Oahu. Neither I nor my two siblings have ever surfed in our lives. Our instructor was awesome. After teaching us for short time on the beach, he took us out and had us on our feet almost immediately. It was wonderful day for surfing. The waves were perfect for us beginners, and our instructor was so helpful and encouraging (especially when my arms got too tired to paddle efficiently!). We had a wonderful time and a great experience. They even took some of our little cousins out to catch a few waves after we'd finished. We'd return in a heartbeat!

Visited July 2012

Aliso Viejo, California
“What an awesome teacher.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We wanted to take my 9year old son to the North Shore so he could say,"I have surfed North Shore". We walked up and he was just coming out of his truck to the beach it was a Sunday. He was there with his beautiful wife, son and daughter. He took my blonde California boy out and showed him a lot of great valuable tips. My son couldn't stop talking about the tricks he saw Buttons do.
The day we were there, I heard that earlier in the morning he had taken some kids out to surf who had cystic fibrosis. Thats what kind of guy he is. I wish we had someone like him out here. Thank you Buttons! Ryan will always remember you and the experience. Mahalo

Visited July 2012
Bedminster, Pennsylvania
“Buttons is your ONLY choice !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

If you could take lesson in hockey from Wayne Gretzsky, basketball lessons from either #23, well you get the point.
Most importantly of all , he is patient , down to earth and every positive perception of surfing is exceeded.
Surf with the original and inventor of the 360 if you are privileged to .

JS

Sacramento, California
“True Aloha Spirit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

The man greets you with a hug and a kiss on the cheek...do I need to say more? I cannot recommend Buttons Surf School highly enough! Just simply a wonderful experience on so many different levels! He creates such a calming feeling just being around him. His "right hand man", Kala was just a great kid as well, quite the comedian! Buttons was so easy to talk to and sched our lessons thru...no middle man during the whole process and he has the best prices on the North Shore. Our group of 6 was completely taken care of on every level, met all of our expectations and then some. Every person in our group got up and rode waves and quite a few at that. He was efficient but at the same time we never felt like we were being rushed in any way. We will be back next year and for sure will do anther lesson or two with my favorite surf guru Buttons! Until then, I will be zipping up a wetsuit and braving the cold Nor Cal Pacific waves.....dreaming of the North Shore.....

Visited May 2012
Girdwood, Alaska
“5yr old Alaskan skier hooked on surfing because of Buttons.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Thank you, Buttons, for the most amazing experiences. It was so awesome to see a "light" go off in my child's eyes as she discovers a new passion, encourage by her new friend. I watch Buttons "teach" my child to surf. Not just give a tourist a fun experience. He showed her respect for the ocean as well as the freedom and fun it offers. She caught so may waves during her 3 sessions and cant wait to get back. We are forever grateful. What an amazing surfer, teacher and friend to my daughter. This is highly recommended. So much more than an surf lesson. A must when visiting the north shore of O'ahu. Learn from the best. Superior for all ages.

Visited May 2012

Been to Buttons Surf School? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Buttons Surf School, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.