“Happy Campers with Happy Trails” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 9 Attractions in Haleiwa
Type: Horseback Riding Stables
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Aloha, join us as we celebrate our 20th year anniversary providing you with a top quality guest experience on Oahu's scenic north shore of Hawaii. Nestled on the hilltop above picturesque Waimea bay, our well trained horses and professional guides escort you through our hidden island paradise. Explore nature's rustic charm as you ride along trails that weave through sun-filtered forests, fern laced valleys and organic tropical fruit orchards. Enjoy a "taste of Hawaii" as you sample our seasonal ranch grown varieties of bananas, guava, star and passion fruit. Capture panoramic ocean and mountain views at scenic vistas along your trail ride. Come, share in our spirit of aloha and the pleasure of horseback riding with Happy Trails Hawaii.
“Happy Campers with Happy Trails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

On a recent trip to the island of Oahu, I booked a trail ride for my family of six as a birthday gift for my seven y.o. daughter who (wait for the shocker) loves horses. I've ridden horses on three continents and I know the difference between a well-run operation and one that is just trying to take YOU for a ride. I have to say that Happy Trails was the best run operation and the most rewarding horse riding experience that I've ever had (and I've ridden in Argentina, a country known for their horses and their cowboys)! Not only were the horses EXTREMELY well cared for, but both Mark and his staff have decades of experience with horses, both professionally and competitively (Intl Polo circuit). This is SO much more than "just a trail ride" where the horses are nothing more than beatendown robots following the same boring trail. You are taught the basics of horseback riding and it's up to you to control your very responsive horse. I was worried that my 5 y.o. son would not be able to handle his horse, but he did superbly under the guidance of the Happy Trails staff. From the stunning vistas of the North Shore and Waimea Valley, to the laughs and smiles on the faces of my family, this informative trail ride provided us with the perfect bonding experience where you really felt like one with the horses and the breathtaking nature all around you in this tropical paradise. Mahalo nui loa, from my family of very happy campers!!!

Kahuku
3 attraction reviews
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Family of 4 unexperienced riders went horseback riding. My daughter was a little hesitant from a previous experience. But the horses pretty much guided themselves which she thought was great. Staff was extremely friendly to us and the horses. Beautiful ride through the forest onto a great view at the end. Something different to do.

Lindon, Utah
6 attraction reviews
“Beauty, Tranquility, and Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Our family was able to enjoy a great ride with the team at Happy Trails Hawaii. The horses were all beautiful, obviously very well cared for, and certainly well-trained. No bits were used, which is a sure sign of well-trained horses and caring owners. Mark, the owner & primary guide, gave us a crash course in how to ride a horse which was easy for even the novices in our group to understand and follow. All of the horses here are retired polo horses - they have certainly found a great retirement home!

The ride was exciting through shady woods, up and down hills, and with a few great vistas of the ocean from high on a ridge. Our guides talked about the flora and fauna as well as sharing some stories about polo. It was a thoroughly enjoyable time for all of us. If you are looking for a great experience away from the beach on Oahu, this is an ideal choice!

Melbourne, Australia
7 attraction reviews
“Trigger and Prima!! Are a great ride!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Happy Trails Hawaii is GREAT !! Happy Trails is the place to go for a down to earth tour with amazing sites. The owner/guide Mark makes you feel at home. Trigger and Prima are beautiful and make for a great ride !! This ride is for any level and experience!! Tom & Jose!!!

“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Our family went on July 4. Three of us had never ridden before. The folks at Happy Trails were just terrific from the first phone call they were friendly & informative. With traffic we ended up being about 5 minutes late for our ride ... they actually waited for us!! The two handlers were terrific with my kids, especially my youngest who was a little scared at first. Now she talks about the trail ride as one of her favorite parts of our trip (surfing won out over the horses). Totally worth the money and you get an experience seeing the island you couldn't get any way else. Thanks to Mark, Cindy and team!!