“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 47 Activities in Haleiwa
Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Aloha, join us as we celebrate our 20th year anniversary providing you with a top quality guest experience on Oahu's scenic north shore of Hawaii. Nestled on the hilltop above picturesque Waimea bay, our well trained horses and professional guides escort you through our hidden island paradise. Explore nature's rustic charm as you ride along trails that weave through sun-filtered forests, fern laced valleys and organic tropical fruit orchards. Enjoy a "taste of Hawaii" as you sample our seasonal ranch grown varieties of bananas, guava, star and passion fruit. Capture panoramic ocean and mountain views at scenic vistas along your trail ride. Come, share in our spirit of aloha and the pleasure of horseback riding with Happy Trails Hawaii.
Ayase-shi, Kanagawa, Japan
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I only had a few days in Oahu on our way back to Japan. We wanted to do one day on the North Shore, but all we knew up there were good waves and shaved ice. After some research we discovered Happy Trails and saw they had good reviews so we decided to give them a try.
We had a great time riding with them. Mark and his staff have a good operation going and made our ride very enjoyable. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good activity on the North Shore!

Visited April 2013

“Beautiful ride, amazing horses, and the nices guides”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

The best idea was to choose Happy trail. My daughter and I took the drive from Koko head and it was well worth the trip. Very friendly and welcoming, paired us up with perfect horse, and took us on a beautiful scenic ride, that we will both ne we forget. A muct experience.

Visited April 2013
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Best Anniversary Idea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Oh my god we had so much fun take it from very happy and engaged couple riding these horses was a wonderful experience to share on our anniversary. They are well trained and definitely trustworthy. The trail was very comfortable and had a lot of scenery it was beautiful. The employees are very nice and AWESOME i loved them, they teach you all you need to know about how to control the horses. We would definitely recommend this as a fun filled adventure for any occasion, and we cant wait to go back and ride again very, very, very soon. Thanks For a great day guys see you again soon.

Mr. and Mrs. Garner

Honolulu, Hawaii
“My child who is autistic and adhd was able to enjoy and relax w/the friendly staff which was so refreshing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Let me start off by saying that Mark the owner and tour guide is one of the most very sweet, helpful, and most patient man I have met. This is a Family friendly event and great activity you and your children will enjoy!!! These people really gear the activity towards the children and do everything possible to accommodate you. I took my 2 boys 12 and 7 years old and my 20 year old ex-step daughter. As soon as we parked we were greeted by a very eager and very friendly staffer who made us feel like we were old friends. My 12 year old is Autictic and Adhd and is usually well behaved and throws his tantrums every now and then. Well today he had a fit and was throwing himself on the floor and was highly upset cause he got car sick and tired. He wanted to just rest and not go on the ride. Mark and another friendly staffer were very kind and understanding. Mark was very patient tried talking to him and helped to make my son and I feel comfortable. They made us feel like VIPs very much wanted us to have a great family experience. I was able to calm my son down, gave him an aspirin (that Mark so kindly provided), and we walked over for the brief. Mark made sure to engage everyone in the group including my son Jayjay. The brief was simple and easy for anybody to understand. He helped everyone on to their horse. We troted through the forrest and it was calm and peaceful. Towards the end of the trail is a great view and Mark took pictures for all of us. Needless to say this is a very Happy Trail indeed. If my 12 year old could do it anyone can do it! Both my children had a blast and did great riding and steering his horse. I highly recommend this activity for tourists and Kamaina. We live here now (military) so we will definitely be back to enjoy it again.

Purcellville
“Highly recommend! Wonderful owners, incredible views, healthy horses and a fun time :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My family of four took a two hour trail ride today at Happy Trails. We are horse people, so one of the most important things to us was how well the horses were cared for, and how happy they were in general. You can tell if horses are unhappy and it reflects in their attitude. I must say that these horses are pampered, well behaved, well fed and in great health. The ride was fabulous! Mark (one of the owners) was knowledgeable, funny, entertaining and personally led our ride. The trails are beautiful with a variety of terrain and scenery. You will see all kinds of plant life and varieties of trees and birds. There are some breathtaking views of the ocean and mountains from a 1,000 ft elevation. Mark explained many things to us including some history of the plant life, how the ranch came about, some Hawaiian history and answered any questions we had. He was fabulous. The staff is very nice and helpful and his wife (whom we didn't meet but talked to on the phone) was very sweet and made room for us to ride because they were fully booked (we understand why!) I don't want to write a novel but suffice it to say that we would ride there again any time, and would definitely recommend Happy Trails, even to our friends who own horses and ride competitively!

Sincerely, Dean, Cyndi, Mia & Sophie from Northern Virginia.