“First time surfing” 5 of 5 stars

808 295-1241
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Let surfing enhance your life! Surf Hawaii - Surf School is one of the most respected surfing school in Hawaii and on the North Shore of Oahu. The owner Edison de Paula is the head coach, with more then 25 years of experience. We teach surfing lessons, stand up paddle lessons and we run our Surf Camps designed to enable surfers of all ages and skill levels to live the dream of riding waves on the beautiful beaches of Hawaii. Surfing with Edison and his team of professional instructors is an exhilarating, healthy and natural experience available on the North Shore of Oahu. See what a difference professional surf instruction and the latest technology can make. Edison's surf school, a qualified professional surf coach that will make your dreams of surfing a reality! They are carefully selected, experienced instructors and experts in surfing. Our surf instructors are Lifeguards, CPR and First Aid certified.
Dallas, Texas
“First time surfing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

This was my first trip to Hawaii (Oahu) for my family and my daughter wanted to learn how to surf. I did a search on the internet and came across the surfhawaii4u website. It looked interesting and the price was reasonable. So, I signed up. Edison sent me an email letting me know when are reservation was and the directions to where we were going to meet. That day we met with Edison and we followed him to the beach where Sergio was waiting with our boards ready and waiting for our lesson. When we got there the waves were great and the weather was great. Sergio was a wonderful instructor. He explained everything very well on land and then backed it up when we were in the water. He was very patient and when we did something wrong that caused us to fall, he was able to let us know what to correct and sure enough the next time we would be able to get up. His was stood on the beach and took pictures of us and got some amazing pictures of us that we will be able to cherish for a long time. I would recommend Edison and Sergio to anyone going to the North Shore to learn how to surf. We learned the basics of surfing and were able to get up several times until we got just too tired and had to quit.

Visited July 2011

VA
“Surf Hawaii is fantastic.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

A Surf Hawaii (also search: surfhawaii4u) vacation is a great way to relax, surf, and make friends! Surf Hawaii is run by Edison de Paula (director of surf instruction) and Jenni Hernando (stand up paddle instructor and owner of the B&B).

Our camp group (1 man and 3 women) was taught alternately by Kelvin Pascua and Edison who are both excellent instructors and really friedly guys. All students in our group advanced our skills rapidly though the week so that several of us are now probably advanced novice/lower level intermediate surfers (not bad for surfing 2 to 3 hours/day for 6 days).

Selling point for beginners: No one is pushed beyong their limit and the first classes for beginners are on large foam boards (13 ft) and 1 to 3 foot waves. As our skills progress a few of us started using shorter boards (10 1/2 foot and 11 foot) and by the end of the week the class was fortunate enough to surf on 3 to 5 foot waves.

The B&B is spotlessly clean and is a 4 minute drive from downtown Haleiwa with easy access to all of the surf breaks on the North Shore.

I'd recommend Surf Hawaii to friends and will definitely stay with them again.

Mahalo guys!

Toronto
“Surf Hawaii Surf School”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

If you want to learn to surf while your in Haleiwa, my experience at Surf Hawaii Surf School was absolutely awesome. Great people and an absolutely amazing time, aswell as a breathtaking location. Phenomenal. Cheers!

Jacksonville Beach, Florida
“Rode our first wave, first time thanks to Edison De Paula, amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

My wife and I called the day before we took the lesson and signed up for the semi private two and a half hour lesson. After a brief 20 minute lesson on body position on shore we where in the water learning to surf! Edison's excellent knowledge of the location and patience as an instructor payed off as both my wife and myself stood up on the first wave he guided us to. For over two hours(we went a little over the time for no penalty) it was wave after wave of fun, constantly getting tips and advice from Edison. By the end of the lesson I was catching waves by myself, as was my wife. It was an experience we will never forget and absolutely recommend to anyone looking for a true north shore surfing experience.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“great surf lesson for any level!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

Visited Hawaii this past week to experience some great sights and activities. One of my best memories of the week was taking a surf lesson with Edison de Paula. I was new to surfing and he showed and explained to me the basics of surfing with a thorough lesson- I could tell he has some great experience out in the water and read how I was doing getting up on the board and gradually challenged me throughout the session. (I was able to ride a number of waves throughout the session- an amazing feeling!) Waikiki is nice, but the North Shore is the place to be for great waves- whether a beginner, intermediate, or experienced- Edison is a great instructor and a very nice guy- I would highly recommend him or his company.

Been to Surf Hawaii Surf School? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Surf Hawaii Surf School, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.