“Mahalo! Highlight of our trip!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: FUN is our mission! Learn to stand up paddle in a calm bay and a lush river where you are greeted by sea turtles, fish, and peacocks. Along the way, our friendly instructors, all of whom are certified lifeguards, will teach you the skills to be confident stand up paddlers. We guarantee that you can stand up and that you'll have a great time with us. Come by yourself or with a group. All groups are private – we do not join you with strangers. Lessons are 2 hours and photos are available free of charge. We are available from sun-up to sun-down. We do not have set times; we go when it is convenient for you. If your time permits, come experience our spectacular Sunset Lesson. Ready for even more paddling fun? Join us for our astounding coastal adventure (come see the dolphins!)or our fitness paddle. Stand up paddling with Rainbow Watersports is an ideal activity for paddlers of all abilities, experience, and ages (4 and up). Come drink in our aloha spirit and enjoy what many visitors are calling “the best activity on the island”!
Sydney, Australia
“Mahalo! Highlight of our trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Aloha Heidi and Rohan,

Thanks for an awesome Sunset Paddle! We all had an amazing experience and it was definitely a highlight of the trip. Thanks to Rohan for firstly getting us all standing, for his expert tuition for all of our varied levels, and making us all feel so relaxed! From the moment we communicated with Heidi to book our lesson, and to the moment the sun came down at the end of the paddle the whole experience was super relaxed, and of course incredible.

The level of the paddlers in our group and Rohan was able to adapt to each of our levels and provide expert tuition.

We had lot's of fun, and smiled and laughed the whole through and the whole way home! We were recommended to Rainbow Watersports from a friend, and will definitely recommend them to anyone we know traveling to Hawaii.

Mahalo!

Fiona, Claire, Rita and Therese :)

Visited November 2012
TheOahuTraveler, Owner at Stand Up Paddle Lessons -- Rainbow Watersports Adventures, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
And Rohan couldn't stop talking about the great time he had with you!! Aussies rule! Glad we met your friend's acclamation of us. Pass along the good word!

camellia10
13 attraction reviews
“SUP Surfing on the North Shore: A dream come true”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I paddle almost every single day where I live--along coastal North Carolina, and I learned to surf before I learned to SUP, so I can handle my own equipment in the lineup. I say this because Rainbow Watersports primarily offers SUP and pre-surf SUP lessons--you might or might not get into the waves if you go with them, but that's ok.

Rohan was my instructor and he was great! First we went to a little inlet area so he could check out my paddling and make sure that I could paddle the way I said I could. Then he taught me some techniques that were really helpful--including how to split my stance to make catching bumps or swells easier. He also helped me learn to do a wide turn to catch waves. Turning on a paddleboard is a lot slower than a longboard.

Once we were comfortable in the relatively flat water, we moved over to the waves in the lineup in Haleiwa. He made sure that I a) didn't tick off any of the locals and b) stayed out of the rocks. I felt very safe and well-guided.

I ended up sitting to catch a lot of the waves, but standing to paddle back out. We worked on paddling out over the big swells. (Big for me. Maybe five feet?)

It was a great experience and I learned a lot that I can take home and apply. I wish we had better waves at home!

From start to finish Rainbow Watersports is a quality operation. I've rented a lot of equipment and I've taken different lessons and adventures with a lot of companies, and I would feel comfortable recommending them to anyone.

Whether you want to learn to SUP or learn to SUP Surf, they're a great company. They won't let you get in over your head, and that is important here. The waves break over reefs that could break your head if you hit them! They won't let you go where you're not qualified to go.

Highly recommend!

Phoenix
“The Best Paddle Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

It was an absolute pleasure to paddle board for the first time with Rainbow Watersports. Heidi, my instructor, exuded passion and enthusiasm for the sport from the moment I met her. We were the only people on the beach when the lesson got started just after 11am on a Monday, that trend continued for most of our time in the water. Heidi’s instructions were articulate and specific and delivered in a fun and friendly manner. Paddling with her was like chatting with a friend instead of a complete stranger. When I mentioned I’m a coffee lover, she told me about the amazing local haunt, Island X Hawaii, the source of Old Sugar Mill Brand Waialua Coffee and Chocolate, grown and roasted on the North Shore of Oahu!

I will be telling everyone I know about Heidi and Rainbow Watersports, my experience was that wonderful! In my opinion, the Rainbow Watersports is the, “most fun on Oahu,” and I got to, “paddle with the best instructors!” THANK YOU, Heidi!

Jacksonville, North Carolina
“Great 1-on-1 Introduction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This adventure was a great introduction to stand up paddling. I wasn't sure what to expect, but the activity looked pretty fun. After reading through reviews online Rainbow Watersports seemed liked the way to go. The 1-on-1 introduction that I received from Jody was awesome. She was very patient and knowledgeable. She demonstrated how SUP can be a calm, relaxing activity or a heartrate increase, total-body workout. IT WAS GREAT!!! I will definitely do it again. We departed from the beach (ocean-side of the bay) to enter the river course and returned back to the beach to end the lesson. The very calm river that the instruction takes place is great for beginners. By the time you return to the ocean-side at the end of the lesson the ocean doesn't seem as bad as it did on the exit. Rainbow Watersports was a great choice.

Visited October 2012
Rockville, Maryland
“great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My boyfriend and I tried this for the first time. Rohan was our instructor who instructed just the both of us at our alotted time of 2 hours. There was no rush and the experience was great! Rohan was very knowledgeable and helpful as he guided us along the bay and the river just nearby. Rohan made sure neither of us fell behind too far. He made sure to assist and educate in order to help keep us on track. Photos are included-which is awesome!

Visited September 2012

Travelers who viewed Stand Up Paddle Lessons -- Rainbow Watersports Adventures also viewed

Been to Stand Up Paddle Lessons -- Rainbow Watersports Adventures? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Stand Up Paddle Lessons -- Rainbow Watersports Adventures, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.