“Best place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Haleiwa B&B and Inns
Dortmund, Germany
“Best place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We (me and my boyfriend) stayed at Maria and Bernie's for 4 nights and we had a wonderful time there. The room (Anthurium) as well as the rest of the house was very clean, comfortable and cosy. It really felt like being at home away from home! In the evening we sat outside in their beautiful garden (sometimes with some feline company) after having watched the sunset at famous Sunset Beach (which is just on the other side of the street). Maria and Bernie were so friendly and helpful, Bernie even gave us some great insider tipps for our visits to Maui and Kauai. It was also a great place to meet other travellers (although we had the feeling as if to have the house to ourselves - it was very quiet). I hope that one day I will come back to the North Shore - if I do, I know that I want to stay at Kalani!!!! Thanks again for making this the best part of our vacation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed with my boyfriend this past week and was pleasantly surprised. It was very clean, quiet, secure, and had all the amenities we needed. The house is very beautiful and I could tell that a lot of love was put into the home. The owner Maria is very friendly and she always made sure the home was safe and secure. The home is across the street from the beach and the backyard was a tropical paradise. This is the perfect place to stay on the North Shore!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My boyfriend, Drew, and I stayed 4 lovely evenings at this awesome BnB. Great location, great setting, beautiful house, and so close to an amazing coastline. This stay was a highlight of our North Shore stay. In fact we had only booked for three nights, but because we liked it so much we booked for another night as well. Maria and Bernie were excellent hostess and host. Bernie had great recommendations for around the island and Maria was very conversational, friendly, and kind. We just loved our experience here. Highly recommend to all and would recommend to anyone who was visiting Oahu. Maria let me use her old, trusty beach cruiser and I had a great time riding up and down the bike path that is just across the street. Also sidenote - the north shore is the BEST area of the island! Skip Honolulu (or spend a day there) and head straight to the North Shore. You won't regret it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at a studio with my husband & two little kids. privacy perfectly secured, full kitchen and BBQ equipment, beautiful garden and clean, neat, comfortable living room with high-sensed interior. can walk to sunset beach. owners are very kind and nice. perfect place to stay in Northshore.

• Stayed September 2012
Loveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My fiance and I stayed 3 nights in the Sunset studio. It was perfect. The studio is charming and private. We had the backyard to ourselves with table, chairs, and grill. Sunset beach is across the street- just walk down the driveway. The studio is really cute and clean. There's a walk-in closet, kitchenette, private bathroom, outside shower (which is part of the fun Hawaiian experience!). The owners, Bernie and Maria, are the nicest people and so helpful. They went above and beyond to make sure our stay in North Shore was memorable. Thank you both again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

I was very positively surprised by this "bed and breakfast"... I spent a great week there... The location is very convenient (beach crossing the road) and the rooms are very good (I reserved the Anthurium). The hostess "Maria" was very kind and on top of every detail to make you have a pleasent stay.

• Stayed August 2012
Haleiwa, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

My husband and I live up the street and our wedding was this weekend so we had four friends coming to town. After checking out other hostels that had tons of horrible reviews for bed bugs and over the top partying I finally found Kalani Hawaii - and I'm so thankful I did!! Maria is an absolute sweetheart, the staff is super friendly, and the hotel itself is gorgeous & sparkling clean. Keep in mind it's set up like a B&B/hostel so you have private rooms & shared common spaces. My friends got along with all the other guests who were amazing and very helpful - overall it was a fantastic experience. I highly recommend anyone to stay here and will be booking in the future when more friends and family come to visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Kalani Hawaii Private Lodging? Share your experiences!