“A perfect surf lesson away from the crowds of Waikiki” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #3 of 46 Activities in Haleiwa
Type: Surf Camps, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: The North Shore Surf Girls Surf School is an all female owned and operated company. Our lessons are catered to men, women and children. Our all female instructors are former professional surfers, trained lifeguards and detail oriented when teaching you to surf. We offer group, semi private and private surfing lessons and stand up paddle board lessons daily at 9:00AM, 12:00PM and 3:00PM.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Springfield, OR
“A perfect surf lesson away from the crowds of Waikiki”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

My wife and I took lessons from the North Shore Surf Girls on a Tuesday. Carol and Christian made the experience a lot of fun. They were very casual which helped to put us at ease. The directions to paddle out, lean up, and stand were simple but they worked. Everyone in our group of 6 were standing by the second wave. Carol stays in the water with you and helps you get going and when a good wave is coming. Meanwhile Christian was in the water too watching that everyone was staying safe. I wasn't able to stay up for very long but I can now say I have been surfing and I would definitely go for another lesson with the NSSG on a future trip.

While on the North Shore we also spent part of the day at one of the many beaches swimming and snorkeling. We stopped in town for shave ice and saw the many shrimp trucks that line the roadway. We had such a big breakfast that we didn't stop to eat. This is the ideal way to spend a day.

Illinois
“Wonderful Experience-- we had a blast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

We (a mom and her two teenage boys) had a wonderful time learning how to surf with the North Shore Surf Girls! Very knowledgeable instructors had us up surfing in no time, and we surfed until we were worn out. Afterwards, the BBQ on the beach was just what we needed! A close-up encounter with sea turtles, excellent conversation with Carol and Bobby, and oh yeah, fantastic food! And then a Hawaiian sunset-- it doesn't get any better than this.... We'd love to go back and do it all over again!

San Francisco
“surf wtih carol”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

Our kids have never surfed before. Our instructor Carol was a whole lotta fun with our 3 kids... she picks you up in a cool "surf mercedes." She was great with our kids and gave a bit of a history lesson along with safety tips and local surfing culture. Here's one of our kid's (12 year-old) personal review: Today, I tried surfing with Carol from the North Shore Surf Girls and it was so much fun and really easy! I only fell off my sufrboard once and that was the first time I tried it. It was very easy with Carol there helping me. Carol was an awesome teacher. She is very nice and encouraging. If you get tired paddling out she will help you. I had so much fun surfing today. It was awesome. Carol does a great job teaching.

Arkansas
“What a wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

While planning our trip to the North Shore of Oahu in Hawaii, our daughter had only one request: surf lessons. After researching & reading other reviews, we chooseCarol Philips of North Shore Surf Girls. Before ever entering the water, Carol taught the students the basics of the board & wave safety. We were very impressed when watching her technique out in the water & was very comfortable with her teaching our daughter. We were very excited when our daughter caught the first wave she attempted to ride. In fact, we all had so much fun that we signed her up for another set of lessons a few days later. Absolutely no regrets!!! Much Mahalo Carol!

Los Angeles
“North Shore Surf Girls Rocks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2009

I've never surfed in my life and North Shore Surf Girls taught me in one lesson. North Shore Surf Girls is informative and friendly and had me riding a wave within an hour in one of the most desired and beautiful surfing destinations on the planet. I would recommend them to anyone. I will ,for sure, visit them again when I return to Oahu. Thanks for a memory of a lifetime. The huge sea turtle sightings were a plus.