“Awesome Experience-Loved It” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 46 Activities in Haleiwa
Type: Educational Sites, Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Imagine flying with the birds in your own open cockpit aircraft. With an instructor along, you can take the controls and soar white sandy beaches and blue waters. Our two powered hang gliders are one of the best ways to see O'ahu's north shore, while learning a bit about flying at the same time. Each student leaves with a certificate showing instruction received that applies towards FAA Sport Pilot certificate.
“Awesome Experience-Loved It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

I found this activity while my visit to Honolulu with my husband and friends. I am glad we all did this as it is so much fun. Denise is a great instructor. Sights were beautiful. We even spotted rainbow circle. I totally recommend doing this.

Colorado Springs, CO
“Might be the best birthday present ever....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband surprised me with a flight with Paradise Air for my birthday this year. When we arrived for our scheduled flight, we met Denise & Tom and found it was too windy to fly. So, they made us coffee and chatted with us for an hour or so before making a great recommendation for breakfast nearby. Since we're not tourists but live on the island now, we rescheduled for two weeks later; that was this past weekend. I can't begin to describe how excited I was to finally fly! The weather was a little cloudy and rainy, but that actually made it quite interesting. Denise explained weather patterns and wind currents and their effect on the ocean, how to look at the ocean to better understand the wind. I found it all very fascinating. And she let me DRIVE the trike for a good part of the flight - right thru the clouds!! I giggled thru most of the flight. The views were fantastic - mountains, beaches, windmill farms, horse farms, pineapple plantation, surf contest. I'm pretty sure I could do that every single day. In fact, we decided as we drove away afterward that we would definitely try to fly again while we're still living here. Denise & Tom were so welcoming and patient in explaining what was what; they're good people running a good business!

Visited November 2012
“This was the MOST FUN!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Power Hang Gliding is phenomenal! Denise and Tom are great, and make it an easy and exhilarating experience all around. Hands down favorite thing I did on Oahu!

Visited November 2012
Parkville, Missouri
11 attraction reviews
“Most AWESOME thing I've ever done!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was the most awesome experience! I absolutely loved the flight. Paradise Air is exceptional. I was a little apprehensive before arriving at Paradise Air. By the time it came time to put on my flight suit, I did not have a nervous feeling left. Tom made me feel so comfortable before we ever left the ground. Once we were in the air and I was able to take control it was even more exhilarating. We flew along the beautiful north shore. Tom knew all the sites and was able to point things out as we flew. It was absolutely freeing and was beyond my wildest dreams. I was so happy I took the flight at the beginning of my week in Oahu as it set the tone for the entire week. I still haven't stopped smiling when I think about the flight. Like I told Tom, I believe I will have a perpetual smile on my face every time I think about the flight. I would highly recommend Paradise Air.

Visited October 2012
SEATTLE
19 attraction reviews
“Do this!! Fantastic view of Oahu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This came recommended by friends, and it lived up to its billing! Tip-top view of the island, including Kaena Point and the whole North Shore. Friendly, relaxed, professional service. We flew with Eric, who normally flies over on Kauai but was filling in on Oahu, and he was fantastic. (He also literally wrote the book about weight shift control flying, or "trikes", for the FAA, although he himself didn't volunteer this info, he's far too modest- we looked it up later!). You are in hands of experts, regardless of who is flying.

Spend the extra money and get the photos and DVD of your flight. You cannot take your own camera on the trip (don't want to drop it!!!!) and you will definitely want to remember the flight!

Class act, and unforgettable.

Been to Paradise Air? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Paradise Air, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.