“Great Manapua” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Great Manapua”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I live in Aiea and based on TripAdvisor reviews decided to purchase a box of Manapua for the office. Then I went back a second time. The manapua are very fresh and tasty. I ordered kalua pork the first time; I thought it should have had more of a smoky flavor; it was rather plain. Today I ordered the standard char siu and they were excellent. The baked and steamed breads of the manapua are excellent. Cost is also reasonable. Lots of deep-fried selections that look intriguing, but I am not really into that cuisine. You will need to watch the hours of operation; they open early in the morning and close mid-afternoon (5AM to 3PM weekdays). Note: This is not a restaurant - it is a deli that you can purchase items from and take them elsewhere to eat.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hawaii
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great manapuas! Stuffed mushrooms and gau gee also super good, but I'm sure deadly with cholesterol. But we love, love, love this place.

Visited January 2013
Watersmeet, Michigan
“Great Lunch and Price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We went here because of the reviews of Trip Advisor. We were delighted to try the manapuas. They are rice flour rolls that are filled with various meats. We tried the pizza ones. They are now $1.59 each. We got 2 pork manapuas to take with us for tomorrow's lunch. They are a little hard to find, but our GPS took us to the right place. They are open only til 3.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Best Manapua on Oahu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Manapua is a flour bun stuffed with tasty meat fillings. Aiea Manapua is the best on the Island. My favorite is the red char sui pork. It is sweet and tangy no doubt maybe a little red coloring. Forget an expensive Waikiki $15 cheeseburger and drive out to Aiea where the locals line up.

Visited June 2012
Gettysburg
“A Must Stop When Visiting Hawaii”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

If you haven't had manapua you need to try it at Aiea Manapua. It is the place where locals go for theirs. Manapua is a rice flour roll that is filled with various meats like pork. They come steamed or baked. I prefer the steamed variety. When leaving Hawaii the last time my wife and I had stopped and bought a dozen to go and during the Agricultural check at the airport we were asked by the agent, "What's in the box?" My wife answered, "Manapua." "Where did you buy it?" the agent asked. Aiea Manapua." she responded. "Good Manapua, go ahead!" we were told. Now that tells you something about the quality. Don't miss the "real deal!"

Visited January 2012