“My "FAVORITE" Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 149 Restaurants in Aiea
Honolulu, Hawaii
“My "FAVORITE" Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was the first time I ate Shabu Shabu. My boy friend took me here for the first time and it was such a Fun experience. You pick your broth first and they have many options to choose from. We started off with appetizers and I recommend the shrimp and cucumber. The shrimp is yummy and the cucumber is cool and refreshing! The portions there are generous. We left there so full especially after eating the yummy green tea ice cream with mochi balls. All there food is so fresh. I enjoyed adding all the ingredients into the boiling pot. Since then I've been there a dozen times. Every time I go back I try something new. It's a great place for family gatherings or social events. They close really late and they have happy hour at two different times during the day. The second happy hour starts at 9:30pm. Awesome place. I highly recommend it. The staff is so friendly, proffessional and efficient. They really top the experience! You should definitely go!!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Wahiawa, Hawaii
“Great for birthdays”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Went for my sister's birthday celebration this past week. Since our last visit, they have revamped their menu with tons more selections than before.
If you don't know what to get as a first time diner, start with the ICHIRIKI NABE. Their veggies are super fresh as is their meats. Place chicken and meatballs in first followed by all veggies. Keep meat and seafood on the side.
As the veggies cook, pull some out onto your rice and quickly cook some meat by dragging it through your boiling broth 2 or 3 times. Eat while hot and accompany with the rice and cooked veggies. Same with salmon and shrimp. Do not overcook them.
A great addition to your meal is the ponzu. It is a citrus soy sauce that is wonderful for dipping.
Next is the noodles. I allow my broth to reduce a lot before I add my noodles. In this way it becomes more like fried noodles than another soup. If they want to add broth to your pot, wave them off.
Save some room for dessert. The shaved ice are great cooling compliments to the hot soup. strawberry is my favorite, but it does come in green tea as well.
Here's a great tip: Share the nabe, get an extra rice and noodles. Then share dessert. This way you can keep the bill under $30. It's a lot of food. And it's a lot of fun!

Honolulu, Hawaii
“Always satisfied!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I'm ok with buffets but never cared for shabu shabu style of restaurants -- until I took a chance and went to Ichiriki in Aiea for dinner! All the nabe in their menu is excellent,(curry is my favorite), portions are huge (I always take home leftovers), and the service is consistently good. This has become one of our favorite restaurants!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hawaii
“LOVE this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is one of my favorite restaurants on the island. Healthy, great staff, good food, nice atmosphere. and GREAT happy hour and late nite specials. Can't go wrong!

Visited September 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
“Very good but for the.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Service: From the greeting as you enter,the seating, order taking, table prep, serving, and departure, the service is top notch! Our server was very friendly and knowledgeable and very prompt with 'service', something that seems lacking in so many other eateries.

Food: Was very very good but for the MSG in the broth. Did not see it on the menu and got the headache after. Otherwise, the food was fresh and tasty!. I had the shortribs with spicy shoyu nabe. This is the main reason for not giving it a 5 star rating.

Seating: We started off on the bench style booths. Something about this bench was very uncomfortable and we asked to switch to a normal chair/table instead.

Revisit?: Definitely, but since I am allergic to the MSG, I will try the ShabuShabu next, unless they can figure out a way to make the Nabe broths without it.

We went for lunch and the place was packed. Parking can be a bit of mess in this popular shopping center but the tasty food easily trumps this problem.

• Visited September 2013