“its a burger” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Hamilton, Montana, United States
“its a burger”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

People rave about this place. Heres what we got....a seemingly prepackaged thrown on the grill hamburger and cold fries. Also, prepackaged salad, with toppings that also can go on your burger. Oh, and alot of rude staff. Very rude staff. But, we were starving, and it was what we could find....
Then we went back to the beach, bad food forgotten.

Visited May 2013

“9 ounces of "ono kine grinds"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

After hiking two miles into one if Oahu's mountain trails and back, my three hiking companions and I were more than ready for some serious grinds. What better place to replenish our bodies' need for protein and carbs than Teddy's Bigger Burgers?

Their burgers come in three sizes, namely 5, 7, and 9 ounce patties. I ordered the 9 ounce Hawaiian style burger, which is a teri burger topped with a slice of grilled pineapple, lettuce, pickles, onions, and Teddy's special sauce, along with tots, seasoned tater tots fresh out of
the deep fat fryer. I liked that two employees came to our table at separate times to offer us handi wipes for our greasy fingers.

The three employees we met seemed courteous, helpful, and welcoming.

The only drawback I noticed in the place was that the music was very loud.

So far, I have been to the Teddy's in Hawaii Kai and Manoa, and found the food at each branch outstanding, always on the to-do list whenever my family visits Hawaii. I definitely look forward to my next visit to Oahu, so I can eat Teddy's Bigger
Burgers again!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida
“Tasty Burgers if not on a budget”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We went here after a friends recommendation. The server was very friendly and helped my wife make a decision on the type of burger she wanted. She ordered a burger that was supposed to have avacados but they weren't on there when the burger came out. The burger was still good but the wife likes avacodos. I had one of the special burgers and it was pretty tasty but I felt their sauce overpowered the flavors of the other infredients. Value was ok. I am guessing because it was our first day on Oahu. There were a couple of gnat like bugs in the restaurant too, not sure if they were produce bugs or just typical in all restaurants. Overall food was good and we would go back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Aiea, Hawaii
“Slow service detracts from quality of burgers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This was my third visit to this establishment. The first two times, there were lines at the counter and an obvious backlog of orders. And, the first two times were not too long after it opened, so the wait for the burgers I chalked up to being busy and getting the new opening kinks out. But, now it's been open more than long enough to get their ordering, cooking and delivery problems worked out. Going straight to the counter, ordering a basic cheese burger medium well with only lettuce, tomato, pickles and onions without fries or drink should not take 20 minutes, especially when the place is mostly empty. And hearing the staff yucking it up in the back together with a lackadaisical explanation of the delay at the counter did not leave me with the impression of concern for the customer. I love the taste of their burgers. They're fresh, juicy and tastey. But, I don't know if the hassle of the wait is worth it unless I've got time to kill and am not real anxious to eat. The place is well-lit with plenty of space and a 50's diner motiff, which fits the menu. The first time I went here several months ago, I honestly thought the staff was very earnest in getting the order taken and to the customer but just were'nt very polished in cooking and putting the order together promptly. I looked forward to coming back. Now, I don't know if they care that much. Good management would have keyed in on the service long ago and straightened it out. If you come here for take out, don't leave your spouse in the car with engine running. You'll run out of gas.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Honolulu
“Quality burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Lunch for two $30 Flavorful burgers, beer batter onion rings, refillable sodas, and thick rich shakes. Lots of tables and parking. Fun vibe.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere