“The Banging of the Drums” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #82 of 134 Restaurants in Aiea
Cuisines: American
Aiea, Hawaii
“The Banging of the Drums”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY--great place to celebrate a birthday the recepient gets a free sundae and the whole restaurant sings Happy Birthday.. They are located in the middle of PearlRidge Shopping center..lots of parking and lots of goodies//candies//toys for sale..enjoy.

Visited July 2012

“Nice atmosphere, HORRIBLE FOOD!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

The atmosphere is the only nice thing about this place. They advertised breakfast, yet they did NOT have any kind of breakfast. I was so hungry I asked the server to bring me my soup first. She brings it out with our appitizer and its COLD. The meat on the ruben tasted like RUBBER, yuck! Ugh it was just an all around awful experience. The food is trash and over priced for what its worth...maybe you'll have better luck with the ice cream, but I will never be goin back there again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Aiea, Hawaii
“Ice cream/mall”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Good, not great a little over priced, great ice cream sundae--go there for those!

Visited March 2012
Vancouver, Washington
“Fun Family Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Burgers are pretty good. Some local favorites added to their menu. We had our sons birthday party there for about 80 people and the staff executed without a hitch. Ice cream is always great, and the atmosphere is always fun. Prices are good for a mall restaurant of this category. If planning a party for kids...I would definitely recommend this place. They made it really easy.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mililani, Hawaii
“Amazing ice cream and food! Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

I love Farrell's. I remember it from when I was younger and it was the place to celebrate anything in life. The environment is the same, the servers are friendly and energetic, just like I remember! I took my granddaughter with me and she loved the decorations and the upbeat family-friendly environment.

I had the Philly Cheesesteak and I loved it. My granddaughter had the mac n cheese and she finished the entire thing. We shared a Farrell's ice cream sundae and I have to say that they have the best ice cream on the island!

The server told me that they were making a lot of changes in their restaurant and adding new items to their menu-- I can't wait to come back and try everything!

• Visited November 2011