“Yummy & reasonably priced gourmet ice cream w/ friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

+1 808-553-3742
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Kaunakakai
Cuisines: Dessert, Ice Cream, Family Fare
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dessert
Description: Molokai's version of the local, neighborhood ice cream parlor featuring 32+ premium flavors of "Made in Hawaii" Dave's Hawaiian Ice Cream with Kona coffee, macadamia nut, Hawaiian mud pie, chocolate macadamia nut, green tea, coconut-macadamia, cotton candy, cookies-n-cream, lychee sherbet, ube (made from Molokai purple sweet potatoes), haupia, and many others. Please ask for a free sample of one of the flavors on display. On hot days, enjoy triple banana splits, handmade waffle cones, milkshakes, sundaes, "Oreo frosties," handmade chocolate cookie ice cream sandwiches, and popular Icee floats served by customer-service-oriented employees wearing their signature red polo shirts and nametags! Or, if you cannot decide on a second flavor, take a pint or two home! There is FREE WI-FI service both inside and outside the store, available 24-7. Open 363 days per year (closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas).
San Diego, California
“Yummy & reasonably priced gourmet ice cream w/ friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I had the taro/coconut and mango ice cream (a scoop of each). I'm 7 months pregnant and was craving good ice cream--we found it! Staff was very friendly and allowed me to sample so I was sure to get what I wanted. I found the 2 scoops I got to be very reasonably priced (~$4 with tax) especially considering the price of ice cream in the grocery stores here. Highly recommend a visit to this ice cream shop.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Corvallis, Oregon
“Some unusual flavors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Samples were freely offered. I recommend the Ube - purple sweet potato ice cream. It's a vivid purple color! Good ice cream. We each had a small bowl with one scoop. Careful, it melts quickly.

Visited February 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Just ice cream and potato chips”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Seeing this was number 1 and reading the reviews, I assumed this was a small deli and ice cream parlor. Nope, it is a super tiny chips and candy store. Did not try the ice cream because they were more interested in helping other folks before us.

Visited January 2014
Florence, Kentucky
“THE place to go for ice cream and Maui cookies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We went to this place more than once to try the many flavors of excellent ice cream. If you go on your birthday a single dip ( which is generous) is free! My favorite was the coffee ice cream. I did have to pay for the waffle cone as expected for my birthday treat but the dollar was well worth it. Yummmmmm.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Very cute little ice cream shop with homemade waffle cones”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

They let you have as many samples as you want (I know because I was having a hard time deciding). They have so many unique flavors. My friend got the purple ube ice cream. I got pumpkin cheesecake right before Thanksgiving. It was so delicious. And the town is so cute, we just walked around while eating our ice cream. Good price too. And the homemade waffle cone was delicious.

• Visited November 2013