“Lorraine's Shave Ice - Amazing Desserts” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 87 Restaurants in Wailuku
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch
Philadelphia, PA
“Lorraine's Shave Ice - Amazing Desserts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

We were recommended to visit Auntie Lorraine's place by our tour guide Alicia. So happy we ventured out on that side of Maui. We were told we had to try her banana creame pie and boy was it amazing. We also had her banana bread, her Hana flavored coconut chips ( to die for) and one of the best shave ice around. Everything was excellent but what made it special for us was Auntie Lorraine.

My 5 year old daughter had complained of an itch from a bug bite and she quickly went to get some aloe to sooth her. She invited us to her backyard to relax and eat our desserts. Oh, what a view!!! She has lived at that house all of her life and she feels blessed everyday for that and can't blame her. We must have sat there for about two hours talking to her and she is truly genuine and an amazing person that has left a special mark in our hearts. Before we left, I had made mentioned that I have yet to try the famous Maui pineapples. She asked me to wait and came back with a huge bag of flavored li hing mui pineapples. I am Asian and this just made my day...absolutely love this woman.

If you get the opportunity to stop by, it is off the unbeaten path a bit but so worth the trip. We only hope to have the opportunity to visit her again!

• Visited April 2014