“Lovely experience!” 5 of 5 stars

+1 808-243-3463
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Saltimbocca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 76 Restaurants in Wailuku
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night
“Lovely experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband and I were looking for a place to have pupus and cocktails and randomly ended up at Saltimbocca. We did not know anything about it and were extremely surprised by the excellent service, food and ambience of this restaurant! Everything was of high quality and all staff was friendly, attentive and pleasant. It is thrilling to have such a wonderful restaurant to not only go to on a regular basis but recommend to others. The food was delicious! We had the mushroom and goat cheese bruschetta on home baked bread, Caesar salad, pumpkin ravioli house made, eggplant parmigiana, and tiramisu! They really know how to make you feel at home. We will definitely be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Maui, Hawaii
“"Tastebud Paradise!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I am a Certified Pastry Chef ( www.sincrediblepastries.com) on vacation in Maui with my family.
Absolutely EVERYTHING at "Saltimbocca" was top notch!
Cocktails Negroni and Limoncello punch perfect
Appetizers Calamari and Prawns and the Caprese salad fresh and delicious
Entree Osso Bucco (falling-off-the-bone) risotto cooked perfectly-creamy but still al dente) Mahi Mahi with a tomato-based sauce, and a Crunchy polenta cake-creamy inside-AMAZING! two pasta dishes, both delicious
Desserts Tiramisu, Panna cotta with fresh berries and hazelnut Semifreddo-Authentic Italian desserts all excellent. Matthew our server couldn't have been nicer. Ambience beautiful. Kitchen impeccably clean

Wailuku, Hawaii
“Want to love it. ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Unless you are at Maalaea for something else, I'd pass on this place. I have eaten here on several occasions and have yet to have a completely satisfying meal. There is always something that is under seasoned or just plain bland. The staff is never quite up to speed because of all the changes that seem to occur on a weekly basis. ( Open for lunch, not open for lunch. Happy Hour, no Happy hour. 20% off, no 20% discount). The views are great, the restaurant itself is very nice but the food really misses the mark.

Kansas City
“Good Food, Great Views & Nice Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

My wife and I haven't tried any Italian restaurants on Maui so we thought we'd try Saltimbocca based on the reviews we saw on line.

We had a reservation for 5:30 and there were only a couple of other tables occupied when we arrived. (When we finished the restaurant was about half full). They have about 8 tables outdoors on their patio. We were asked if we wanted to sit inside our outside and chose outside. It was pleasant but just too windy so we moved indoors to a table right by the doors which still had a great view of Maalaea Harbor. Its nice to look out and watch the activity in the harbor and see the ocean beyond. The tables further from the window are elevated a bit, so I think most tables would have an excellent view.

In addition to their regular menu they had four special items, two appetizers and two entrees. Our server Barclay gave us a thorough explanation of each of them and offered to answer any questions we had on the menu. We selected the zucchini appetizer. It was three pieces of zucchini that had been but in half and then hollowed out. The hollowed out area contained cheese. It was good, but I don't think I would order it again.

We each also ordered the caprese salad. It was a very nice presentation, with a tomato cut into eight pieces and arranged around the plate. In between each slice of tomato was a slice of bufala mozzarella. In the center of the plate was some fresh basil. There was also a drizzle of balsamic. The mozzarella was excellent and the tomatoes were good. Overall it was one of the better caprese salads I've had, but not as good as our favorite at Lahaina Grill.

They also had two different types of bread, a focaccia bread and a white (perhaps sourdough). They were served with olive oil and balsamic. The white bread was good. My wife had one slice of the focaccia, then said I could have the other. A couple minutes later she tore off a small piece and ate that, then a couple minutes later some more. I ended up with one bite and she had the rest. I take that as sign that she really loved it and the olive oil/balsamic. Barclay offered to bring more bread but we declined.

My wife is a fan of items with pumpkin, so she ordered the pumpkin ravioli and she was very pleased with the choice. It is homemade pasta with a sauce of parmesan, walnut, butter and sage. She would definitely order it again.

I had the lobster tagliatelle, another excellent choice. I love lobster bisque and the sauce for this homemade pasta is lobster bisque plus white wine. It was a delicious combination, with quite a bit of lobster.

Our server Barclay was very helpful and friendly, and was very attentive to our needs. Between him and the other staff my water glass never got less than half full. The different courses were well paced, with adequate time to savor them but no long waits for the next course.

Overall we were quite pleased and I'm sure we'll be back on a future visit to Maui. We both wouldn't hesitate to order the same entrees but there are a number of other items on the menu I'd like to try.

“Too notch-Best on Maui”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

We ate here twice and held our wedding reception here. On all three visits, the food and service were amazing! The staff even found a place for us to set up a play pen for our 18 month old son to sleep and then helped us carry it to our car. Great food, service, and prices. Hard to beat!! We will be back!

• Visited May 2014