“Good Food, Great Ambiance, Excellent Staff” 4 of 5 stars

+1 808-243-3463
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Saltimbocca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 81 Restaurants in Wailuku
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Experience the taste of Italy in the middle of the Pacific. Located in picturesque Ma'alaea Harbor, Saltimbocca fuses affordable authentic Italian cuisine with outstanding hospitality and service that transcends both plate and palate. Featuring authentic dishes artfully crafted with the finest local and organic ingredients, and fresh breads and pasta noodles made in-house daily. We proudly offer vegan and gluten-free menus for our guests. Take in the restaurant's casual upscale ambiance while enjoying cool ocean breezes and gorgeous views of mountain, ocean and harbor from our patio, dining room and bar and lounge. Saltimbocca is nestled in the lively and centrally located Ma'alaea Harbor, just 15 minutes away from the airport and 15-25 minutes away from South Maui and West Maui.
Lahaina, Maui, HI USA
“Good Food, Great Ambiance, Excellent Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Best Italian food I've had on Maui. As a business world traveler, I've been lucky to eat in some of the finest establishments around the world and I'm very familiar with the dining experience. As a 13 year Maui resident, I know what to expect in our island paradise. Satimbocca impressed me on both front from the moment I walked in the door with genuine smiling faces and fresh printed menus. The staff is obviously trained by professionals and immediately gave the warm feeling of being with family. The owners backed that up by individually visiting our table to ensure everything was right. They want their restaurant to function at a high level and it shows. My partner had the pumpkin ravioli that I had never had before and sorry I didn't order this very tasty treat. I had the fish that was very fresh and excellently prepared. My waiter was extremely attentive and personable. I have nothing bad to say about my experience and hope this restaurant stays with Maui. Oh, can't forget the veiw of the harbor and soft lighting ambience - great place to take a date! Thank you Saltimbocca for reaching out to serve Maui by filling a hole in our dining.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Vancouver
“Great Food and reasonable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

We had dinner at Sal Tim Bocca on New Years Day. We had no idea it even existed until we walked by and saw an inviting patio over looking the harbour. We had the Carne Platter which consisted of a pork chop, veal piccata, ossobuco, risotto, and potatoes and vegetables. The meal was fantastic. Hot and delicious. Dinner for two with wine came to 100 dollars, which is a great value in Maui. The service was also amazing and the owner of the restaurant is on hand ensuring everything was perfect. In fact we liked it so much we went the following evening and we plan to go again during our vacation. If you want a delicious authentic Italian dinner with great service and a magical view this is the place to go. Perfecto!

Visited January 2014
Makawao, Hawaii, United States
“Great beginnings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

It was sort of spur of the moment to go to still new Saltimbocca on a Sunday night but I am very glad we did. This new Italian restaurant is in a beautiful space in the harbor with terrific views and ambience. We had Masha's with the incredible truffle cream sauce and handmade pasta. The prawns were cooked so perfectly as to be almost unbelievable. We also had papardelle lamb ragout that was very original and delightful. Service was excellent and the place was actually 2/3s full at 7:30 on a Sunday night! Food was delivered as quickly as it was prepared and ours was brought by the owner himself. Why a "4" instead of a "5?" The bread needs work. It was very airy and not worthy of a wonderful Italian dish with sauce, although our server did keep us supplied with an excellent olive oil and fruity balsamic dipping sauce. And the prices were a bit high. We found out they also serve lunch and those prices were considered to be extremely reasonable by our server. All in all, an excellent experience. We will be back and we will recommend it to friends.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lahaina, Hawaii
“Saltimbocca experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Finally an authentic great Italian food on Maui, offering vegetarian and vegan menu, and even gluten free pastas. Liked the energy in the room, was greeted by the owner at the front door. Service was excellent. Masha's pasta in truffle cream sauce and pumpkin ravioli are a must have. Finished our night out with in house made tiramisu, best I've ever had! Overall great experience for great value at a beautiful location with a stunning ocean view. Highly recommend it!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“BEWARE! Tourist trap!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We booked a cruise at Maaleala Harbor, wanted to have dinner before the cruise at the Waterfront Restaurant, although realized the restaurant is now an Italian restaurant. Unfortunately our overall experience was very disappointed. Average menu & food, not very friendly staff, poor service. My pasta was over cooked & arrived half cold. No offer of fresh black pepper or cheese for the salad/pasta. We have to ask and wait for the pepper & Parmesan cheese, my pasta got even colder.... A female restaurant manager dressed inappropriately casual, I thought this is supposed to be a upscale restaurant that charges $26 for a plate of Pasta! No toilet seat cover and hand soap in the lady's restroom. The old Waterfront restaurant's service and food were impeccable. I am sadden that this beautiful location is now occupied by an expensive but average restaurant. We will not recommend this restaurant to anyone. Casanova in Kahalui and Makawao serve better Italian food with excellent service!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere