“Yummy yummy noodles” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch
Sunny California
“Yummy yummy noodles”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Grabbed lunch here with my daughter-in-law and grandaughter that live on the island. When I said I wanted to go to a local place that they enjoyed, this was where they took me. I think the place is packed from open to close (only open for breakfast and lunch) and we had a short wait. The noodles were 'the bong'!! They also have some local pastries, particularly the one made with ground lima bean paste...is WAY yummy (they did not tell me what it was before I devoured it). I would definately recommend this place!

Visited June 2013

From Contra Costa
“Where the locals eat...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Ate here on our way back to the airport. I asked my local friends where they eat when they go out and this was one of the places they named. Nothing fancy here as it is located in an industrial park area. The dining room looks like it would have looked 50 years ago - a counter that seats 7 and about 12 plain tables and chairs. The specialty here is noodles - dry (like chow mein) and saimin (soup). The dry was very tasty. The saimin noodles a little undercooked. But lots of quantity at cheap prices. Be prepared to wait a little bit during lunch times as there was a line that moves slow since the dining room is small.

Visited May 2013
Anchorage, Alaska
“"Ono grinds" at Sam Sato's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

After reading about Sam Sato's prior to our trip to Maui, we decided that we had to sample their fare... It took a bit of effort to find the place (it's located in a business park-type complex -- we'd recommend using your phone's map function to assist). There were lots of people waiting for a table, and to-go orders were flowing out in abundance... The presence of many locals convinced us to wait until we could be seated, and we were very glad that we did (!), because the food was really tasty, well-priced, and wonderfully "ono" too! Their famous "dry" noodles (broth separate) were served in large portions that were avidly consumed by our family -- very yummy indeed! Service was very friendly and efficient too! Don't forget to try their marinated & grilled yakitori items, and be sure to take some of their yummy Japanese-style pastries with you... Can't wait to go back to Maui and eat at Sam Sato's again!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cowichan Bay, Canada
“Great local eats!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

You've got to try their famous dry noodles (dry mein), they're great. Our second choice is the Saimin. There local 'kin plate lunches are huge! Soto's has been around for many, many years but this is a fairly new location for them. Everything is new and clean. The servers are very helpful and friendly.

Also try Sam Sato's Azuki Bean Manju, only 75¢

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Southern California
“Local food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Came here after reading about this restaurant in the April edition of Maui No Ka Oi magazine, which had a write-up of noodle restaurants. This is truly a locals spot,and it is hidden in a semi-industrial area of Wailuku.
- the won ton min has a great broth and tasty noodles; the won ton themselves are not too flavorful and overlooked
- their famous dry noodles were ok, but not so spectacular that I'd return for just that dish again.
- the beef and chicken skewers were very good and I recommend them.
- what is really a nice treat is the pineapple turnover- I almost ordered extra to go.

Visited April 2013