“Great Local food!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian, Hawaiian
Manhattan, Kansas
“Great Local food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and I ran across this place for breakfast after the swap meet in Kahului. Imagine a $5 breakfast in Maui!! I dream about their garlic fried rice or adobo fried rice. My husband loves the melt in your mouth Hawaiian sweet bread French toast. I took my daughter there last week and she dreamt about when she could come back. Not much ambiance but a lot of Aloha! They have a great catering menu also!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Kingsport, Tennessee
“Great Hawaiian Food - A place where locals eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

GREAT local food. The owner who was there to serve was very enthused about her cooking and delighted in explaining how each dish was made. Food was served family-style, with a bowl of each kind placed on the table from which the four of us could help ourselves. Overall, we ended up with 9 bowls of delicious food - various pork dishes, cubed salmon mixed with veggies, rice/beans and other dishes. The four of us ate for under $40 -- unbelievable value.

The setting is very simple, with plain tables, simple chairs and linoleum floors. But everything is clean, bright and the atmosphere was fun. Dishes were styrophoam and plastic. The owner's enthusiasm for the recipes, and her patience is explaining the traditional Hawaiian dishes was lots of fun.

• Visited March 2013