“Nice little shop” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Tucson, Arizona
“Nice little shop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stopped here after a terrible meal at Beach Bums up the road. What a nice little shop! We stocked up on the essentials before heading to our condo in Kihei. Yummy cookies and a very nice cashier. Will hopefully make it back for lunch one day before we go. Had some lovely looking desserts sitting in their case. Hard to pass up.

Visited July 2013
Dom M, Owner at Ma'alaea General Store & Cafe, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Hi Tim, Thanks for your 4 star review! I really think you should try our food and find out why most people that eat here are giving us 5 stars. If you do, I feel sure you will give us a 5 as well.

92% Recommend
Park City
“So Good! I will be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is the perfect lunch spot!
I had a Chicken Caesar Salad that was very flavorful, fresh and large!
I came with a group and we all shared fries and they were some of the best I have had, seasoned well and fresh.
Great outdoor seating and very friendly staff! Rachael was great!
I am originally from Maui and I will be coming back to this place every time I am visiting home now.

• Visited July 2013
Saint Charles, Missouri
“I want to be Black & Bleu all over again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We flew into Maui from Kauai on a Sunday morning and wanted to grab lunch before making the trek to Ka'anapali, so I checked my Tripadvisor app to see what was nearby with favorable reviews and boy am I glad I did! Thanks to adamspartyof6 for mentioning the black and bleu fish burger in his review, something I probably would have passed over in favor of fish tacos, because this may have been one of my favorite meals during this visit to Hawaii (that's high praise because Tripadvisor led us to some phenomenal meals!). The combination of seasoned, light, fresh ono, and the creamy bleu cheese was melt-in-your-mouth perfection.

If the sandwich weren't enough, the employees are incredibly friendly, the general store is well stocked in various snacks, beverages, and souvenirs, and the seating areas have great views (the porch seating overlooks the marina while the walls of the inside seating are covered with gorgeous photographs by a local artist.

If you're anywhere near the Ma'alaea General Store and you're looking for something quick and delicious to eat, you absolutely must stop here!

• Visited July 2013
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Black and blue fish burger is out of this world good! Friendly service and a gem of a find! Will become a regular stop for our family ever time we visit the island!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Alicia5240
“Fish Tacos are probably some of the best on the island!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

First of all, the service here is well above average. They really want to know how your meal is and they may offer a free piece of DELICIOUS cheesecake. We went to the restaurant because we were hungry after a long snorkel-swim and Ma'alaea is a half-way point between home and our swimming spot. There are very few restaurants in Ma'alaea that aren't over-priced. This is a great stop with great order-at-the-counter food between Lahaina and Kahului or Kihei (Wailea) and Lahaina. The crispy fish tacos are excellent as are the lower calorie counterpart, the grilled fish tacos. The price is very reasonable compared to their competitors which is important. As a resident of Maui, I want GOOD FOOD at a REASONABLE PRICE and this place delivers with a friendly hand and smile. I have been twice and intend on going back! Can't wait to try the Grilled Ono Caesar Salad! If you go, sit out on the front patio and just relax. This is Maui!

• Visited June 2013