“Cute & Clean Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wailuku Guesthouse

Save Saved
You added Wailuku Guesthouse to your Saves list
Wailuku Guesthouse
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   210 South Market Street, Wailuku, Maui, HI 96793   |
Offers & Announcements
25% off room rate
Ranked #2 of 3 Wailuku B&B and Inns
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
“Cute & Clean Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Wailuku Guesthouse! We really liked that place. It was clean, neat (nice bed, TV, travel guides) & a super nice pool! And the price was very reasonable! The location is great too! There is a very nice coffee shop 5 min away from the Guesthouse. I would definitely recommend it to my friends! Perfect place to stay on Maui!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012 via mobile

Unfortunately, it was right next to a high school...bells were going off, students yelling, and the whole area was too noisy for a place that is supposed to a peaceful vacation stay. Rooms were cramped, nobody ever checked to see how I was, and the owner lives in the house with a dog that likes to bark a lot. I have stayed at many other places on maui and believe me...for the price...you could have a better experience. PASS ON THIS ONE!

• Stayed March 2012
Wailuku_Guesthouse, Owner at Wailuku Guesthouse, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Aloha,

I'm sorry you felt our rooms were tiny,, but the each have a comfortable king or queen bed. A small dresser, refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. I supply Hawaiian coffee and teas. I also bake when I have time. Most folks keep to themselves, if I see guests out by the pool area, which is our common area, I always chit chat talk to them.. Some people just aren't that open. I am very talkative. Hoping to a answer any questions the guests might have before they go out for their adventure. We supply, coolers, beach chairs and boogie boards. All in working condition. These items are Free to use always. If you like to sit in you room all day it might be cramped. We are not next to a High School, it is a small middle school. Our onsite parking is also free. So guests get a free good deal and a nice clean comfortable room.\

Mahalo,
Maureen stay@wailukuhouse.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012 via mobile

I went there for 5 days, and I LOVED staying at the Wailuku guest house. The room is so clean and tidy. Maureen always gave us new clean towels. Maureen is deffinietly the hostess with the mostest! The pool in the backyard was always sooo clean and never too cold. And your only just a 5 minute drive to the grocery store and lovely little Maui restaurants. Just staying at the Wailuku guest house is a vacation in itself. I am deffinietly never goin anywhere else. Why would i when I could go to some where private and cozy. I deffinietly recommend staying there while on visiting Maui. It's the place to go. :)

• Stayed March 2012
Wailuku_Guesthouse, Owner at Wailuku Guesthouse, responded to this review, March 4, 2012
Aloha Jessica,

We are so happy that you enjoyed your first visit to Maui. About 35% of of our business is repeat guests or referred guests; we hope you continue to add to our repeat guest list. The cleanliness of our rooms has always been a top priority for us. Additionally, we enjoy talking and hanging out at the pool a little bit with all of our guests. That's part of the fun of being in the hospitality business. Declan also enjoyed your visit as well. And for now that bread recipe is still a secret.

Mahalo Nui Loa,
Maureen and Declan
The Wailuku Guesthouse
stay@wailukuhouse.com
vancouver island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

We have stayed here for the last 6 years and have never been dissapointed! I recommend this place to all our friends and family! We recently got married in Maui, and Maureen was a godsend with all her help, planning the minister, best beach and restaurant for the reception!Her 8 year old son was our ringbearer! The guest house is clean and safe, affordable, and just last week I came back with my 16 year old grandaughter for 5 days, she fell in love with Maui and Wailuku Guest House! I love the family atmosphere, and I do not have to share the pool with 200 other guests! We will never stay anywhere else when we come to Maui, which is regularly once a year!! Much Maholo to the Levin family!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Wailuku_Guesthouse, Owner at Wailuku Guesthouse, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
Aloha folks,
We enjoyed your visit again. Your grand daughter was very funny and Declan especially liked having her around. I know your trip was brief, but hoped it was everything you expected. Repeat guests like you are really part of the joy in this business. I hoped you enjoyed dinner on Thursday too. It was just something I quickly put together. I'm glad that you find our location, like so many others, to be in just the right spot. A few miles from the beach so we can keep the prices down, and close enough to many of the other great activities on Maui.. Lucky number 7 is coming up for you. We hope to make that year's trip just as nice for you and perhaps your better half. Thanks for the fantastic gift.
Mahalo Nui Loa,
Maureen and Declan
Hermosa Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

I recently spoke with Maureen and she had the Plantation Room available. I asked her if she could hold it for a day because of some problem I had with my Visa. She said yes. I then asked her if she wanted to take the Visa number for security and she said no. I wrote her that evening and told her I had checked the buses and cars and was definitely since I had a job there. I was all set, just waiting for something to clear on my Visa. I wrote her in the morning asking if she wanted to take my Debit Card as a hold. I received a reply "someone called and I rented the room." I was ASTOUNDED!! She knew I wanted the room and had a job there. Then she said I must be "clueless" since she never makes a reservation without a card. She lied to me, then lied to get out of it! I would NEVER trust her again.

Room Tip: Don't trust Maureen, she lies and then lies again to cover it up.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Wailuku_Guesthouse, Owner at Wailuku Guesthouse, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Aloha Event Planner,

Our policies have been not changed in almost 12 years. If you are booking a room within 30 days of arrival, payment is due at the time of booking. We do not hold rooms without payment. Our policies are clearly explained on our website.

Mahalo,
Maureen
The Wailuku Guesthouse
Chilliwack
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed in the Wasabi Room, during the first two weeks of February, and had a great time.

The accommodation was spacious, clean and very reasonably priced. We especially enjoyed the pool and the warm bread that Maureen provided. The property was easy to find, close to the airport and the main shopping areas of Maui. We really enjoyed the "take out foods" at Whole Foods.

We would highly recommend this accommodation if you want to be in a central place to enjoy all the activities of Maui.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed in the Plantation room for 4 nights which was quite small but it served our needs. Fresh baked banana bread was waiting for us. Great hosts. Use the BBQ two night and it was lovely sitting by the pool eating dinner. Quite once you make friends with the dogs.

Room Tip: Plantation room small, did not see any other rooms.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Wailuku Guesthouse? Share your experiences!