“Great value, amazing for families with small children” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #7 of 36 Activities in Wailuku
Type: Boat Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a snorkel trip to Molokini or Coral Gardens and discover a rainbow of tropical fish and beautiful coral reefs on either our Morning or Afternoon Snorkel Tours. We provide everything you need to make this the most memorable day of your Hawaii vacation! Bring the entire family because, "there's fun for everyone aboard Four Winds II".The Four Winds II is known as, "The Boat for Fun Lovers". Enjoy your day in comfort, aboard our 55ft catamaran, equipped with amenities like: Glass Bottom Viewing room, water-slide, on-board restrooms, Shaded Cabin and Shaded Upper Deck, a large open deck for the sun worshipers, continental breakfast, BBQ lunch ( grilled onboard), open bar,juice and filtered water, snorkel gear and instruction, boogie boards, flotation gear, marine naturalist and more!
16 attraction reviews
“Great value, amazing for families with small children”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012 via mobile

We booked directly through the tour company and ordered the BBQ lunch. We took our four year old with us and expected to have to take turns snorkeling, however they have view boards/boats for small children!!! My four year old laid in the boat the entire time and loved it. It was amazing to be able to share this experience with my child. We took the afternoon tour and called ahead to see how likely it was they would reach Molokini, we were able to visit Molokini and it wad beautiful!! The snorkel instructor Lauren was wonderful, she was so cute with my little boy. I would definitely recommend this trip!!!

CA
3 attraction reviews
“Four Winds was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

We loved our Molokini Snorkel trip with Four Winds! The crew was wonderful! We decided to snuba on our trip which was wonderful! The snuba instructor was so helpful and nice! Once I was in the water with snuba gear on I couldn’t let go of the raft out of fear. He talked with me, helped me and next thing I knew I was under water enjoying the beauty! We also saw many turtles as the captain took us to “turtle universe”. We did not snorkel with them, but I was ok with that as they came right next to the boat. The whole staff on the boat was very helpful, friendly and professional! They do a great job!

Visited January 2012
Wayne, New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
“Good snorkel boat for the price - could be too crowded in high season”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

BIG snorkel boat that likes to go to Molokini crater (which is where you want to be) if the waves cooperate. Excellent service, good food (chicken BBQ is cooked on a real grill) - the staff could be a little more helpful in the exit and return ladders. They also offer SNUBA (we are divers and declined that one) but the hoses are only 10 feet so it's a bit constricted - YMMV.

We went during Christmas break and it was not too busy. On a packed trip it could potentially be a bit too much of a cattle car but them's the breaks - plan accordingly.

They take pictures and a video of you in the water for purchase of $50 dollars total. Pro setup - high quality camera and they burn the CD's right on the boat - definitely recommend to get these, but not mandatory. They throw in some nice stock pictures of the local marine life in case you did not see them.

Visited December 2011
“Fantastic crew”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011 via mobile

It was a very windy day. We couldn't go to Molokini. But we had a fantastic snorkeling day. The whole crew was very nice. The captain was fun as other people mentioned.(we decided Four winds 2 after we saw the reviews on tripadvisor.) The glass bottom window was very good for my little kid because she couldn't stay long in the water(5 year old).

california
3 attraction reviews
“Coral Garden is a MUST SNORKEL - Not a Molokini Alternative”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

Other reviews said it all re. Crew, food, gear are TOP NOTCH. Lets talk about the PM trip to Coral Gardens. No driving in the dark for a 7AM check in, no hoards of people (Molokini reminds me of James Bonds' Thunderball, a cast of 1000s). Load on 4 Winds PM snorkel and you're comfortable, not crowded, not falling or slipping, tons of seating options. More relaxed atmosphere, and have your glass of wine and savor the trip.
ABOUT CORAL GARDENS:it's combination of Molokini (except more coral and more fish) and Turtle Town, except shallower. I followed a pair of turtles with my video camera for 20 minutes, actually they had to drag me out of the water. Still caught the fresh off the grill lunch (boat has 2 on the back deck) and cocktails on the return. Compared to the 4-5 hour Molokini trip, I prefer this as we could spend as much time in the water as we wanted. No up and out and then putting on a cold wet suit. And the water's warmer at Coral Gardens. I've been going to Maui for over 30 yrs and this was my first trip here. Next time it will be my First Trip on Maui. Maybe I'll have time for some of 4 Winds toys too. Check w/4 Winds website - I'm sending them my turtles video - I was within 4', but NO Touching!

Visited December 2011