“Better than expected” 4 of 5 stars

2080 West Vineyard Street, Wailuku, Maui, HI 96793   |
Edmonton, Canada
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

My husband and I, and two other friends, recently spend a nights at the Northshore hostel. Our plane arrived too late to pick up our rental car and drive to the Condo we rented for the rest of our stay. The Hostel was clean, quiet, and comfortable. The bathrooms are also nice and clean, and the staff are really friendly. Overall, we had a great experience.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

My sister and I had to find a place to spend one night (after our week-long stay at a resort on the West side of the island.) However, we enjoyed our hostel experience just as much as our 4-star hotel! The rooms/bathrooms/kitchens/common-areas are impeccably-clean, the staff is fantastic, and the location is very convenient to national parks/beaches/airport/etc.

• Stayed April 2010
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

It's a nice hostel and the staff is helpful. It's clean and quiet, you can get a good nights sleep there. Using the buses is easy and the bus stops are close by. The hostel has a homely feel to it, it's like staying at your friends house.. it doesn't seem like a typical hostel because of the homely feeling.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Maui
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

The room was basic and clean. The environment felt safe. Every one was friendly. Everything worked. There was parking.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

The bathrooms were refreshingly clean. Staff was extremely helpful. The other guests were respectful. All in all, a great experience. My only concern was fire safety...there was no outside window in our room.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Maui
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

Well Guys and Gals, I booked one night stayed for five or so and through my experiences with the staff at northshore hostel and the wonderful tips and knowledge they shared I made a Life altering decision, I will be living on Maui. The staff was proffessional and gracious. If you can get it at a Hilton resort you can for sure have it better at Northshore the rooms are clean as with all thier facilities, the eclectic come in droves and wander off into the Maui time, regrouping for chit chat and all that re-living thier experiences ( a great way to learn what else to do on Maui) sharing food and tales off the day. So all and all if the scoring were to be 1 outta 10 I'd say 11+. More fun than a can of canaries and forget all about that silly barrel of monkey's. Thank you Northshore and the people you attract. YNOT!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Munich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

I felt comfortable from the first moment I got a foot into the door. Everything's clean and tidy. I felt very familiar there. Every staff member is friendly and helps you at each time. The people staying there are incredibly great, too. When I had to leave I thought, I will never forget this time all of my life!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Northshore Hostel Maui? Share your experiences!