“Very good food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 81 Restaurants in Wailuku
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: A GREAT seafood buffet in the resturant at the golf course. On Friday evening it's seafood and prime rib for $30. I was trying to find a seafood buffet and this one is not well advertised but was full. Reservations are highly recommended. The food was all really well prepared. I know others are researching seafood buffets in Maui with no luck - glad I stumbled across this one.
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
“Very good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We decided to stop here for lunch rather than the Maui Tropical Plantation namely because we were there on a day that the open market wasn't around. We're glad we did, as both the food and the prices here were very good. It was cloudy and raining, but on any other day, the view from the restaurant is terrific. All in all, this was a good spot for lunch, and we'll likely try and do their buffet the next time we're here.

Visited February 2014

Seattle, Washington, United States
“Great setting but blah buffet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

The setting of this golf course is absolutely gorgeous. However the food for the Friday night all-you-can-eat buffet is pretty mediocre. Not much to recommend, except the price is acceptable for such a location ($35 per person in January 2014 plus wine). There is a lot of food, but little "choice" and no originality. The food is clearly freshly made, which is a positive point. The place is popular though, as any families seem to choose that location for a celebration of some sort. Lots of well behaved kids and infants. The view from our terrace table was priceless, so it was not a total loss.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bloomington, Illinois
“Great! Just don't want to ruin it for the locals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

At the risk of ruining it for all the locals, this place was great! This is where the locals like to go for a special occasion. Now we know why. Saturday evening buffet is Asian Fusion. My wife hadn't had Lechon since she was a kid. It was my first time. WOW! That skin is amazing. They also had shrimp tempura that was wonderful. Not one time did they ever make me or anybody else feel bad for getting in line and getting more. Even though I am one very big Haole, and the only one there, they treated me like I was Ohana. Great desserts too !

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“late start, but good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

My family and I got there at 10 to nine so we walked the grounds and my children got to feed the fish. we entered at nine and sat for another ten minutes before we could start the buffet. strange that a buffet would not be ready. the omelette station served a nice Denver omelette and the selections were nice. I enjoyed the bacon and mahi. the roast beef was nicely seasoned and tender. I didn't care for their fried rice (no taste) and the pancakes were ok. they had fresh fruit and pies. the cheesecake was a bit strange..didn't taste like cheesecake. The kids liked the pudding, guava juice and eggs. Service was ok..not much attention to detail. not sure if return for brunch.

kahului
“Christmas Eve Buffet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

This buffet dinner had a delightfully "local" atmosphere, which is what those of us who live on Maui find enjoyable about buffets at places like the Kaanapai Beach Hotel, & the food & service are as good as the food & service at the Makena Beach & Golf Resort's buffets. The views from the lanai are expansive, & gorgeous. The prices are right, for those of us who live & work on Maui, &, in our case, it's about a 5 minute drive from home. We'll definitely spend more special occasions at the Kahili Golf Course Restaurant, from now on! We'll even treat family, friends, & visitors, because the food is both affordable, & tasty!

• Visited December 2013