“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wailea, Hawaii
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

First time to Maui and first time ziplining. Bottom line was this was a fun, easy experience for our family including a nine and six year old. Not only was the ziplining fun, we felt that the guides were very professional and safe. In addition to providing an exhilarating zipline experience, the guides were extremely knowledgable about the local flora and fauna and provided a side tour of the plantation we were on. They told stories and answered questions as though it was their first time they were doing the tour, and didn't hesitate to answer the typical tourist questions for the hundredth time with enthusiasm.

I was near the 250 lb mark, but I made it under the wire. Having read a previous review regarding the weight issue, their strict policy is in place for the safety of the guides as much as the zipliners. The guides have to catch the participants, and that can be dangerous if the zipliners are too heavy. I support their vigor even though it almost meant I couldn't go. I think it is a testament to their professionalism that they have policies in place and follow them.

"Avocado", "Dan the Man", and "Alec" were tremendous and we want to thank them for a great time.

Visited August 2011

CA
“So much fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

Our family of 10 went ziplining, ages 67 - 6 years of age. What a great time! We went back a couple days later to purchase shirts and the kids asked if they could zip again.

Los Angeles, California
“Bad management and customer service, great guys to help you zip!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

I am writing this review with great regret honestly. My family and a friends family all went to Maui just this July. We had planned on taking my 9 year old daughter ziplining on her birthday and chose Maui Ziplines as our location since they are theonly ones that would allow the smaller children. We had a total of 6 people in our party. Four adults and two children ages 8 and 9. I booked online in advance and thought that I had paid as well. We arrived to the location and from the very first impression it wasn't good. The lack of organization and customer service skills were noticeable from the very first hello. My husband and I had both ziplined in Costa Rica as well as the Predator course in Puerto Vallarta prior to doing this. My husband is a tall man that is 6'4" and works out daily. He isnt in bad shape at all. When we left for the trip he weighed 245. I went ahead and made my reservation as they state all parties must be under 250. When checking in, they proceeded to weigh each member in the party and stated that my husband was too heavy to zip. At which point, we said that cant be right. They weighed him on two scales both of which said 256. That is with shoes, clothing, wallets and cell phones. They wouldnt even budge. Te issue I have was that the way the entire matter was handled was so unproffesional it was sad. They then proceeded to make me pay for hi even though he wasn't going and told him he could wait in the lobby for us. I understand making a reservation and booking a spot that they could of handed out to another party; however, I don't understand not being understanding and giving a 3 pound allowance and then making me pay while he sat in the lobby. Needless to say, the guys that actually took us up to the lines were very good, knowledgeable and professional. Its just sad to see that the office manage, the face of the company, and female that was weighing and working the desk didn't approach the situation with sincerity and empathy, but were very short, non caring and very aloof. I was asked, didn't you know he weighed that when you checked the box online? I replied, no, he weighed less. I didn't get any other response. Just a sad situation. The experience of ziplining should be a fun one. Not start off with attitude. Not very impressed with the way the entire thing was set up. Again as mentioned, when you get there, you are not even sure you are there, no aloha greeting, not a feeling of excitement for what could be a great attraction. So beware, if you are even near 250, up or down. You will be drinking water from the lobby. I would of rather spent the day at the crater!

Phoenix, Arizona
“Awesome!! Not one bad word can be said.....Guides were awesome! Great for kids!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

What a great experience!! Family of four went (2 adults and 2 kids-ages 7 and 12). The only zipline place that will allow young kids. I think what made the experience so great was the hospitality from the guides. They were tremendous!! They gave us an education on the plantation in-between runs and were very entertaining, especially for the kids. They joked around and it made it an absolute blast. I literally don't have one bad thing to say (and that's hard to do) as the experience was our favorite since we've been here. Highly recommend it and it was very affordable compared to the other zipline companies in Maui. (I believe it's the least expensive). Tremendous value. You'll have a blast.

TIP: Make sure you tip the guides at the end of the tour (and don't be cheap! I personally tipped $35 for a family of 4 and the other family (5) tipped $40). They do a ton of work and if you think about it they make sure you come out of it without injury so treat them right.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
“Awesome zipline adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

While on our homeymoon, we ziplined with the Maui Zipline Company. The ziplines are located on the Maui Tropical Plantation where they grow pineapples, bananas, sugar cane, and various other fruits and vegetables. You actually zipline over the different fields. This zipline was a lot fun and a worth while activity. It is more of a beginner zipline with five lines ranging from several hundred feet to one thousand feet. It is one of the least expensive ziplines on the island and not too far from the Kaanapali beach, where we stayed. I would recommend this zipline company to others.