“Great time at Kahili” 4 of 5 stars

Santa Cruz, California
27 attraction reviews
“Great time at Kahili”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Went with my son to Kahili on 6/12/13. Got our reservation on golfnow for $59 with a 10:30 tee time. Got there a little early and we seemed to have the place to our selfs. Hit some balls on the range and started the round early, no problem. The course was in good condition with long challenging holes. The wind was up so that was an extra thing to deal with, but it kept things cool. Everyone who worked there was very friendly and helpful.
Over all we had a great time and would go back again. The only bad part for me was we rented our clubs for the day from Boss Frogs and half of mine were left handed. I checked the drivers and a couple of others and assumed the rest would be OK. We just shared some clubs so it worked out but I would have been really mad if I had only rented one bag and it was mixed up like that.

Visited June 2013

Pinellas Park, Florida
9 attraction reviews
“Great views and challenging Golf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This was a good alternative to the high priced Golf down by the coast. My wife and I enjoyed it even though it was very windy up there. 25 35 MPH winds make some of the holes very difficult. Wow a 130 yard par 3 uphill against a 35 mile an hour wind, club selections were difficult. The couse was very nice and well kept.

Visited May 2013
Modesto, California, Usa
7 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Golf Course - Awesome Views and Pristine Condition!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I enjoyed an awesome round of golf today - thoroughly enjoyed my day in every way. Booked a $59 T-time (w/cart) > 12 Noon. Rented clubs @ $30 (Pings). Carts had GPS, and gave both distance from the tee as well as distance to the pin. It also gave distances of the carts playing ahead of us!
Course was in great condition - very pretty landscaping/flowers on the course, as well as different views of Maui (mountains, inland areas, and ocean) on most of the holes.
Course personnel were all friendly and top-notch, from pro shop to the gal who was the starter (she set me up with everything I needed for my round).
From prior reviews, this course is usually windy, but today I enjoyed virtually a wind-free day. Trade winds are not scheduled to return for another several days.

Visited May 2013
Calgary, Canada
10 attraction reviews
“Enjoyable Course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Played this course with a local and enjoyed my time. Well kept, enjoyable course with some great views. Not too expensive, I will play there again.

Visited March 2013
San Antonio, Texas
8 attraction reviews
“Kahili Golf Course”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Located next to the exclusive King Kamehameha Club but this one is public. Get your tee time on golfnow.com. Fun course to play with nice views and it's challenging especially going uphill. Sloping fairways and greens so pay attention. A few days after we played, golfnow sent an email with even better bargain rates!
Kahili means a type of ginger and the king's guardsman.
By the way, the King Kamehameha Club is a bit further up the hill and the clubhouse is spectacular. The owners bought the plans for a home that Marilyn Monroe and Arthur Miller designed but never built and it was expanded for the clubhouse, very unusual. You can play the course but it is very expensive.
Also, we stayed near Kapalua but Troon Golf owns it and there are no golfnow rates, very expensive. Even at 4pm it was $140 and you won't finish 18 holes!

Visited September 2012