“My first Zipline experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Flyin Hawaiian Zipline features Maui's longest, most thrilling rides with unparalleled views of both the North and South shores, as well as majestic Haleakala. Centrally located in the West Maui mountains, our canopy adventure includes 8 ziplines ranging from a 250 ft. warm up to a 3,600 ft. monster! With over 2.5 miles of ziplining excitement and incredible panoramic views of The Valley Isle (Maui), this is sure to be a highlight of your vacation!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
“My first Zipline experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This was my first ever Zipline experience, and I was drawn to this particular company by their eco friendly philosophy, and the regeneration of the native Hibiscus plant.

I was impressed by the whole operation and the attention to detail and emphasis on safety. Our guides were Matt, Dan & Nick, and they were meticulous, but also fun and very helpful. The harnesses were very comfortable, and the equipment used was explained very well. We were all supposed to carry our own trolleys, but the guides offered to carry trolleys for some of the ladies.

I was trialling my new GoPro video camera on this activity, and it worked perfectly.

The weather was good for our day, and the views were expansive. The practise line was a great warm up, and the ATV ride was just as much an adventure. Nothing compares to the thrill of flying through the sky with the wind in your face, and this was definitely one of the highlights of my trip to Hawaii.

San Diego, California
6 attraction reviews
“Fantastic! Anyone can do it. No need to fear it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Yes, it's expensive, but to say it's well worth would be an understatement. Staff and the experience itself are unforgettable. We were a bit leery at first, but there is nothing to be afraid of. It's so easy and immensely fun. Flyin' Hawaiian has the most runs, the longest rides and great guides. Truly the highlight of our vacation. You do need to be somewhat fit, you'll be hiking a bit. But it's not too bad if you're used to walking. One other bit of advice, there's a Bar-B-Q place on the grounds that operates Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. It opens at 11 a.m. Great food and inexpensive by Maui standards. Had the brisket hoagie, wow! Eat before your zip line tour and you won't be starving in the end. The tour takes about 4.5 hours, especially if you have a big group.

Visited October 2012
New York City, New York
“Must Do!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Flyin' Hawaiian Zipline was simply the highlight of our trip to Maui. Super fun afternoon and Matt, Gundy and Steven took great care of us. You'll do seven zip lines, including some of the longest and fastest you'll find. The first one is a practice line where they'll show you the "ropes." Then a short hike to each of six zip lines. Views are amazing and the thrill is real without ever seeming scary. The guides make sure you're set up in your harness in and comfortable with what your doing. They're also decidedly upbeat to relax people who are nervous. Tons of fun and a definite "must do!"

Visited October 2012
San rafael, California
12 attraction reviews
“Zip on...Zip on”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

On our last day of our vacation, my husband and I decided to try out Flyin Hawaiian Zipline. According to Yelp and Tripadvisor, this was an outstanding organization with great reviews. The weather cooperated without high winds so we were off to a good start. Tours can be cancelled due to high winds which you may not know about down below so maybe it would be wise to call and check.

The ziplining was super fun and well managed by the staff. Even if you have never ziplined before, the first dip is a bit scary, but once you're off, it's a piece of cake. Each zipline is a little different. I think it is #4, you can zip backwards, backbend and grap your toes...whoop whoop. Take the tour on the weekend and you might be fortunate to get the steltar guide team of Jaz,Steve, and Jeff. If you're really lucky, starfish just so, so that you don't get yelled at, but just enough so that you come in just a tad short so that the smooth talking tough hot hawaiian babe has to hand over hand, feet over feet, come out and lasso you in. Get your camera ready folks. Lots of fun and laughs. A bit pricey but compared to the other zipline companies, Flyin Hawaiian is still your best bet.

I should point something else out, we both got insect bites on our legs. You might want to use repellent of some sort.

Hurst, Texas
16 attraction reviews
“One of the highlights of our trip.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Having never zipped before, choosing from the many tours available on Maui was a trick. The tour director at our hotel recommended another company because, I think, my wife and I are not spring chickens and her trip was shorter in duration and involved less walking. Unless you are so out of shape that a short, steep uphill climb will do you in, go with Flyin' Hawaiian. The uphill walks are not that arduous and the payoff is spectacular.

We had no idea what to expect during this tour, but any unease was quickly put to rest by the outstanding staff of guides who take you through the course. Zippers are suited up and on a short practice line are given a quick, yet thorough, course in how to speed up and, more importantly, slow down. Then comes a thrilling preamble . . . an ATV ride up the mountainside rivaling anything you will ever experience at an amusement park! At the end of the ride is where the walking starts, and while a couple of the climbs are steep and could be slippery had it been raining, they are not that daunting. At the base camp you are given a sharp-looking Flyin' Hawaiian water bottle, and about halfway through the tour some granola bars. This is not a dinner cruise!

Flyin' Hawaiian's website says they have eight lines total, covering two and a half miles. I was having such a great time I really don't remember how many lines there were, and at first I was so enthralled with the experience of sailing across the mountainside that I forgot all about taking photos. That last, 3,600-foot line leaves you breathless. Or it did me, anyway. All along the way, the three guides who accompany you do anything necessary to make you comfortable and ensure you have an unforgettable time.

I would take this tour again in an instant. Thanks to all the Flyin' Hawaiian crew for a great time.