“valley isle excursions hana tour” 5 of 5 stars

808-661-8687
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: For almost 20 years Valley Isle Excursions has been providing a wonderful, eco-friendly, road to Hana tour. This tour encompasses not only the Hana highway but all around Mt. Haleakala's going as close to the sea as we can. This tour in our custom cruisers begins with hotel or condo pickup, breakfast, a tour thru the rainforest, a picnic in Hana, numerous stops and brings you back to your hotel in time for dinner.
“valley isle excursions hana tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

This was a perfect tour for me. Our tour guide Tim was very knowledgeable and personable. He stopped at all the good photo spots. It is a long tour but I enjoyed it. Bus was comfortable. I accomplished what I wanted to out of the tour.
~Wisconsin Mike~

Port Coquitlam, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Our tour guide Joe was amazing! Learned so much about Maui. Had a great tour to Hana! Joe is an asset to the Hawaii tourism industry. Would highly recommend this tour. So glad we went!!!!

Dublin, Ohio
30 attraction reviews
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

The Road to Hana tour by Valley Isle Excursions was outstanding. Our tour guide/driver provided an excellent narration about the sites along the way which followed the itinerary in the brochure. We liked the tour van which had large comfortable seats and only took limited number of passengers. That made for a comfortable ride around the island. While a lot of venturous tourists decide to violate their rental car agreements to take the drive, we found that having a guide/driver made the trip much more pleasurable because they knew all the stops of interest and provided snacks and drinks and the all important hygiene breaks. Additionally the fee to enter the National Park was included in the price of the excursion.

boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We took our tour on The Road to Hana with Pu. We could not have asked for a better guide. We listened to her wonderful stories and learned a great deal about the island. Pu was a wealth of information on the history of the Maui and the islands. Valley Isle Excursions are very lucky to have Pu as a part of their team. Because of the high volume of water Maui had experienced before we arrived in Maui ,we could not go into the Seven Sacred Pools as they were closed to swimming. If this is an important part of the tour for you, I would confirm weather conditions with either the State Park or with Valley Isle. The bus allowed for approximately 14 people, this made it somewhat intimate, and chairs were comfortable. Lunch was served in a garden atmosphere, and the food was very good. I would definitely recommend this tour, especially if you do not want to drive the Road yourself and possibly miss highlights.
Glenys R

Gilbert, Arizona
16 attraction reviews
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Years ago, my family & I drove the road to Hana ourselves, but on a recent trip to Maui with my boyfriend (who had never done the drive), I figured it’d be better for us to use a tour company. After skimming through some reviews, I decided on Valley Isle Excursions. I would definitely recommend booking reservations through Maui Tickets for Less – Super easy, friendly staff, & we saved about $12/person.

We were the first to be picked up & our driver (Tim, I think) arrived promptly at the scheduled time. Luckily, we only had to pick up at one other resort before heading to the Maui Lani Golf Course. The breakfast was pretty basic: muffins, croissants, a variety of fruits, & juice/water. Nothing special, but it was nice that they offered a little something. Once we were on the road, it wasn’t long before our first stop. We made TONS of stops (mostly quick, scenic stops), & Tim always had tips on where to stand, what angle to shoot from, etc. in order to get the best pictures. Shortly after we arrived in Hana, we stopped at a flower garden for our “picnic lunch,” which was pretty decent: rolls, salad, macaroni salad, & BBQ chicken. It did seem like there were fewer stops after lunch compared to before, but there were still plenty of stops & photo opportunities.

Tim was very friendly & did a great job at not only educating us on each of the stops, but also on the history of the island as a whole. He kept a cooler stocked with drinks up at the front of the bus throughout the entire tour, & passed out chocolate in the late afternoon when everyone started running low on energy. It was a pretty long day but overall, my boyfriend & I had a good time. I would recommend Valley Isle Excursions to anyone not wanting to do the drive themselves.

A few suggestions: Take Dramamine before getting picked up in the morning! I get carsick VERY easily; I took Dramamine 30 minutes prior to getting picked up & was good to go for the entire day. Also, bring some snacks; the gap between breakfast & lunch was pretty long.

Visited March 2014