“Get in my Belly” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 32 Restaurants in Paia
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian, Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Elk Grove CA
“Get in my Belly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

After a long day driving the road to Hana we stopped at the Flatbread Company for dinner. Our server was friendly and made great recommendations. She suggested a tropical cocktail and it was delicious .
We order a salad to split and a pizza. The salad was fresh and very large. The flat bread was tasty but I wish our server would have pointed out we were ordering way too much. We ended up taking half the flat bread to go. We took the flat bread to the beach the next day and ate it cold - it was a great snack. After a day on the road it was nice to have a casual dinner of comfort food. My only issue was that the restaurant didn’t feel very clean - everything seemed sticky - it could have been the humidity – it was raining outside - and it didn’t appear dirty so I wouldn’t knock them for the stickiness.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

O'Fallon, Missouri
“Great atmosphere, original pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My wife and I ate at Flatbread Company at the conclusion of our Road to Hana journey. We were tired, hungry, and—most of all—thirsty. There was a 30 minute wait while we arrived, so we grabbed the last two seats at the bar. We ordered a pepperoni and jalapeño pizza.

The pepperonis here (nitrate-free) are unlike any I've ever had. They more closely resembled sliced meatballs than traditional pepperoni. It was good, but I still prefer traditional. However, the pizza as a whole was great and really hit the spot. The service and atmosphere were top notch as well. We loved how the menus were all uniquely decorated by children.

• Visited June 2014
Hamden, Connecticut
“Great Place for Designer Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Some friends of ours took us to Flatbread Company. I knew it was good because of the line even though we went early...and it was. The pizzas were great.

Visited July 2014
San Francisco, California
“Don't quite understand the appeal.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Sure, the flatbread was o.k. — the salad was o.k. — and I can ignore the crazy prices for what you get (this is Maui after all) — but "The Best Pizza Ever"??? Hmmm...not exactly sure where everyone else was eating.

Listen, Paia is a small town. If you're really craving "pizza" and can't do without something similar in many ways to "pizza", I guess you could give the Flatbread Company a shot. That said, be prepared for a long wait, an uncomfortably warm environment and sticker shock after all is said and done.
On a more positive note, I will say that the hostess and severs while visibly stressed and overheating, were nice.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Ray K
“Best best pizza and salads”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

This is my 5th time to this restaurant. ..They have the best service...food and bar.The pesto pizza is out of this world..fresh..organic. .and delicious. I can't wait to go back...

• Visited July 2014