“Great food, great service, great views!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama's Fish House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 30 Restaurants in Paia
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hana Highway - Turn Left at the fishing boat
“Great food, great service, great views!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Everything about this restaurant is perfect. Situated on a small beach right at the start of the road to Hana, you get amazing views of the ocean. The food was delicate. The menu changes everyday - based on the catch they get. I had the three fish sashimi - which was one of the best I had in a long time. The opakalpa or the tuna were equally great!!

Definitely recommend this place. One of the best food in all of Hawaii.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Korean first
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Service is impeccable, Food is impeccable , View is impeccable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Yes, I've used the same word numerous times. Need I say more? This place is the total package. If you want the best then pay what it deserves and indulge. I could eat their Opakapaka daily.

I have to mention Henry , our waiter. He is impeccable. There is that word again. In all our years of dining out, all over the world, he ranks # 1 !

Thanks Henry for making our night superb!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Altos, California
“Outrage, angry, sad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

For at least 10 years we have come to Maui , our two daughters, their husband and grandkids joins us for a week, spring break.
Every year we all look forward to our day in Paia and to a great lunch at mama's fish house, the setting is beautiful and the food is fabulous, we always take a picture of the whole family, sitting in the restaurant and that photo always ends up in our family calendar, lots of great memories, great time with family, great very pricey food and fabulous vista
This year, again, the whole family was looking forward to our meal at mama's, our oldest granddaughter was going to celebrate her 18th birthday, it was also celebrating the end of an era, she is going to college next year and probably will not be there at spring break with us anymore.
So , imagine our surprise when we attempted to make a reservation and were told, we do not take group over 8, what!!!! We tried talking to the manager to no avail , giving them a credit card number , nothing, they do not want our business.
When does a business becomes so full of themselves , so sure of their success that they turn away families, shocking, especially when we used to spend over 1,000$ for the lunch, pricey but we felt it was money well spend
It is ironic that on their site , they mention they specialized in special event , well I guess as long as you are not over 8 people.
We will never set foot again in this restaurant until they change their policy, when my whole family is welcome again, my husband and I could go by ourselves , it is not going to happen , we cannot patronize such business, not very Aloha either.

Visited April 2014
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Excellent restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

I just returned from my annual 10-day trip,to Maui. I must say that Mama's never disappoints! As bustling as it is, the food and service are always first-rate. Yes, it's expensive, but they deliver in every way, so that the splurge is well worth it. My favorite waitress, who I have known for a long time, is Lacey. She is a classy professional! Please try this place, but be prepared to pay up for A+ food and service.

Visited April 2014
Reno, Nevada
“Always Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Mama's Fish House is always a pleasant experience - Great setting and great food, albeit the prices are high. If cost is an issue, I suggest take care in ordering alcohol drinks (very over priced) and stick to the food, which is also expensive, but always a delight. Many of the employees at Mama's have made a career around working there, and help to provide the service and experience you desire for a evening out in paradise.

• Visited February 2014