“Excellent in every way.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 13 Activities in Paia
Sacramento, California
“Excellent in every way.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Was recently in Maui and decided to ride up the volcano. I planned to rent from another shop closer to our condo but after randomly walking into Maui cyclery I knew I would start my ride later and rent from Donnie and his crew. They were awesome. Very knowledgeable and friendly. Tons of good advice and they rent nice bikes for reasonable prices. I brought my own helmet/shoes/pedals but they have all of those too. I had no plans to rent there but it was the best decision I could have made. I will use them for all of my Maui cycling needs.

Oh and to one of the other shops on the island, when I walk in and say I want to rent a bike to go up Haleakala, please don't try to rent me a hybrid.... I explained that I didn't need a hybrid but wanted a real road bike. He then asked if I meant "tour de France style...." Ugh.

Visited November 2013

Carson City, Nevada, United States
“Riding to the sun with Donnie and co.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Great day with a wonderfully positive team to support us! Pia, Rob and Donnie kept us smiling even as we sweated our way to the park entrance. Haleakala was closed due to government shut down so we missed out on the last ten miles. Still a great ride! Rented equipment was perfect, all questions/ concerns addressed with a smile! Highly recommend this company for any cycling adventure.

Visited September 2013
Vancouver, Canada
14 attraction reviews
“Maui Cyclery for those how want excellence!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Had to rent a road bike while in Maui. Nothing fancy Ti Lightspeed with Dura Ace bits... worked flawlessly... I am so glad I went to them. Great guys that know their stuff! Hats off to "Big Ed" Rob and my main man Nate!
Now if you could just get my Calfee to work!
I shall return!

Visited February 2013
“Mt. Haleakala climb/ maui cyclery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

The guys at this shop are terrific. Very accommodating, and easy going.
The guides are great! It makes no sense to come to maui, and cycle the highway....
These guys know the best roads, with least amount of traffic!
I rode with Spencer twice, and both rides were some of the best I have ever ridden

Brisbane, Australia
“Maui - Totally excellent guided cycling tour - Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I recently did a 3 hour, 45 mile guided cycling tour with Go Maui Cycling along the coast road to Hana. They have decent carbon frames for rent at good prices, and can loan you pretty much all of the rest of the cycling gear if you leave your kit at home (and you can buy a good looking set of knicks/bib from them if you want, at reasonable prices). Donnie and Ralph are great guys, it was a totally excellent morning and I will go again next time I am in Maui. The ride along the coast to Hana was beautiful and had some nice rises to get the heart rate up, but if you have more time, there is a ride they do up to the summit of the volcano which would be awesome. I am sure Donnie will cater to all levels - he is a seriously fit/good cyclist, but will do whatever pace you want. You wont be sorry if you try! Hamish.

Visited October 2012