“Best gelato I've ever had” 5 of 5 stars

808-214-4608
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Ice Cream
MathewChester
“Best gelato I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

Penguini, which is located on Hana Hwy in downtown Paia, next to chevron and across the street from Island Ink Tattoo, is an amazing gelato place. The owner, Melissa(I think thats how you spell it,not sure) is a very professional and talented lady when it comes to making gelato. I've met her several times and every time it was just a joy to talk to her about town an topics an then she brings gelato and many other delicious desserts, it was like "oh yea I'm here for some gelato, I almost forgot." It is just a really great local dessert place to go to, I strongly recommend visiting her store at least once if you're on a vacation and if your a local, then how the hell do you not know of this place.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Honolulu
“Best Gelato in Paia!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

I went to Penguini Gelato on the morning of New Year's Eve. This is a small store, really just a window, on the side of the Paia Inn, right by the gas station. There are about 12 flavors available, they change every day depending on what fruit was available. The price is significantly cheaper than the "other" gelato place down the street. The banana gelato is incredible, I tried to go back for more on New Year's Day, but it was closed.

As an aside, the proprietor is insanely hot.

I would go back again gladly.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere