“What a gem” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Takeout
San Carlos, California
“What a gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This place doesn't look much from the outside, but it is great inside. Packed with an amazing range of groceries, super friendly staff, and some great store-baked pies. Highly recommended.

Visited October 2013

Hillsborough, California
“Better than most on the mainland!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is a hidden gem of a health food store, so much more than meets the eye! Behind what looks like a ramshackle small store lies a much larger than expected store brimming fresh produce, organic items, nutritional supplements, a hot bar, etc. I love this store and have found the prices to be competetive and even lower than many mainland prices. Highly recommend. It's my favorite store on Maui.

Visited September 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“A mom and pop whole foods.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I fell in love with this grocery store. It has to be one of the best all natural/organic store I've ever been to. We stopped here to pack a picnic before we started our journey on the road to Hana. When we returned from the trip, we came back to stock up our place with groceries. I wish I lived in Maui so I could shop here on a regular basis.

Visited October 2013
Makawao,
“Decent prices, great products!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Mana is the place I go for most all my groceries. The product selection is great! Watch the prices tho, sometimes they mess them up or they aren't the same as what is listed on the shelf or sticker.

Visited September 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Veggie heaven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Mana Foods is first and foremost a grocery store with a wide assortment of nuts, grains, fruits and vegetables, breads, vegan and vegetarian frozen foods, dairy products, chocolate! ( a very good selection) and a wonderful old hippie vibe for those who still remember hippies.

A good place to find kosher products.

They sell non-vegetarian foods too.

There's a parking lot next door but you might have to wait for a space because the store is often full.

They do have a take out selection of hot and cold prepared foods but I didn't try it.

A perfect place to stock up for a picnic to eat on the Hana Highway.

• Visited February 2013