“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

staten island
7 attraction reviews
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I booked the Piiholo Ranch after doing extensive research on horseback companies in Maui, and I'm so glad I did. Our guide, Frenchie, was great. He was relaxed, knowledgeable, and personable. We did the 2 hour ride and it was perfect!

Visited July 2013

San Juan Capis
7 attraction reviews
“Fun Time in the Saddle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

If you love horses, meadows, views, lazy rides, then this is the tour for you! The horses are so well trained, the guides are super and the views are spectacular. Be prepared to sit in that saddle for a good hour or more...and definitely wear jeans! Then sit back and enjoy the ride!

Visited June 2013
Livermore, Colorado
19 attraction reviews
“My husbands favorite birthday gift ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I arranged a private 3 hour lesson and ride for my husband for his birthday and he said it was his favorite gift ever. He was so happy with the experience from beginning to end. First of all we drove to the beautiful community of Makawao (stop at Kimaos bakery at the four way stop sign). Then you drive out of town and into amazing scenery. Gorgeous tall trees and beautiful plants everywhere. The ranch if first class with very nice buildings and corrals, arena, pavilion, etc. Then we met, Tara, my husbands wrangler. She was so friendly and made him feel so at ease. She also was a great instructor, even teaching me a few things about horses in the beginning. I didn't actually ride but hung around in the beginning to take photos. My husband said the ride itself was great with Tara sharing a lot of local history and a lot of information about Piiholo Ranch. They also offer group rides and other activities. A really fun experience on Maui. Its neat to see this upcountry area if your staying in one of the beach area. It is totally different and much cooler and truly beautiful. I highly recommend the ranch to anyone.

Visited June 2013
Redmond, Washington
40 attraction reviews
“great ride and lesson”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My 3 year old took a lesson here while her older sister who is 8 and an experienced rider went out with her aunt and uncle on a trail ride. They all had a great time. The trail ride did go an hour longer than expected which no one minded. My 3 year old loved her lesson it was half an hour which was long enough for her. The horses are in good shape and treated well.

Visited April 2013
Walla Walla, Washington
3 attraction reviews
“Great family experience and memorable part of trip.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The horseback ride was really a highlight of our family trip. Not something we would usually do and a first for our kids. They all liked it. The ranch employees were super with us cowboy newbies. We each were matched to a horse that fit our level of experience. Marlene was our guide and made our trip. She helped our one daughter who was uncomfortable at first and that soon changed. The ride was scenic and we got to see a lot of the island and get a history lesson. Awesome experience, professional staff and fantastic scenery. We weren't sore after like we expected. Would definitely recommend it.