We stayed at the Banyan Tree House this month. It's a charming place when you arrive at night but by the light of day, it's not exactly what you read online.
The pool not even usable, louge chairs in disrepair, blankets looked and smelled a dozen years old, if not more. The cottages are really all one building backing to another cottage, so don't be fooled there isn't much privacy. The grounds are in need of much TLC.
There is currently no breakfast and I've been told it's not there busy season.
Expect bugs, spiders and critters. I got all bit up and was glad to get to one of the hotels that actually used pesticides.
Wish I could rate this place higher, if they ever get it together it could be a wonderful place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Banyan Tree House, a Maui bed and breakfast with 3 cottages and 4 suites in a wonderful, old plantation house. A quiet retreat in a central island location that is close, yet wonderfully removed from Maui's hotel / resort beachfront crowds. Simply overflowing with Aloha and Hawaii-ana. Giant tropical trees create a peaceful, shady 2.11 Acre oasis a midst giant tropical trees, flowers and sunny open lawns with a 50' swimming pool and Jacuzzi and fully equipped Yoga Studiio ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B and Priceline so you can book your Banyan Bed and Breakfast Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Banyan Tree House Hotel Makawao
- Banyan Bed And Breakfast Retreat Maui/Makawao