This is the second time we've booked in the Banyan B and B in Maui. We had thought we'd be staying with our son in Makawao but work was still ongoing in his Ohana. Marty, owner of the Banyan, didn't let us down though! The grounds here are beautifully kept and the rooms, although basic, are clean, the beds very comfortable and the kitchen facilities more than enough for a vacationer! There is a more than adequate laundry room on site and Marty prepares a simple fresh-fruit and muffinbreakfast every morning o leave outside your room. Makawao is about 2000 feet up the volcano on the north side of the island, so away from the tourist areas although the south side can be reached in just under 30 mins. The small town itself is very quaint and down the hill you have the old sugar town of Paia with Mana Foods, one of the best health food stores I have ever come across.Check out Banyan's website for more details.
- Also Known As:
- The Banyan Tree House Hotel
- The Banyan Tree House Hotel Makawao
- Banyan Bed And Breakfast Maui/Makawao
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Banyan Tree House, a Maui bed and breakfast with 4 cottages and 3 suites in a wonderful, old plantation house. A quiet retreat in a central island location that is close, yet wonderfully removed from Maui's hotel / resort beachfront crowds. Simply overflowing with Aloha and Hawaii-ana. Giant tropical trees create a peaceful, shady 2.5 acre oasis amidst giant tropical trees, flowers and sunny open lawns with a 50' swimming pool and Jacuzzi. ... more less