“MADE OUR VACATION!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Eugene, Oregon
“MADE OUR VACATION!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This was definitely the best part of our vacation. There were two of us couples and we went to Maui to have the time of our lives!
We saw the most gorgeous colors of schools of fish, DOLPHINS, I was inches away from Sea Turtles, held an octopus and whales were everywhere!
The captain was so funny, he pointed out huge celebrity homes, and made us laugh the whole way.
I'm not sure why another review said that they didn't instruct you- the crew was clear about instructions and they were an option for those who were beginners, it was my first time and I participated in the instructions and had no problems. They told you were to go, how close to stay to the boat and kept an eye on all of us.
Once our snorkeling trips were winding down- there was an open bar and the BEST crew to keep the drinks coming! And nobody was complaining! They took us around to see dolphins and not to mention that they served us breakfast and lunch. We had a BLAST!
This snorkel trip is a must-plus they offer SNUBA which is amazing and they take underwater pictures of you! SO much offered on this trip!!! ****

Visited February 2013

“Awesome! Must do.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I have been on boats all around the world, and I have to say that this trip was absolutely in my top 5.
Mark the captin and Emily were so awsome they anticipated your needs and made you feel like family, the food, gear, boat... All perfect, they went above and beyond, never made us feel like anything was a problem, took us to spots where we weren't inundated with tons of people, so informative with ocean life definitely one of the highlights of my vacation! Thank you Mark and Emily you guys are the best! We will be booking you on our next trip to Maui ALOHA!

Visited September 2013
San Jose, CA
“Almost the worst day of my life!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

It was a horrible experience, I almost lost my family out there that day. Was so traumitized that I considerend leaving Maui the next day. Captain said that Molikini was too murky. He took us north of Maalaea Harbor to snorkel about 1 mile off shore. The coral was beautiful. He said there were turtles about 20 yards from boat but no information about how close or far to stay from boat. Or how hard it was to swim against the waves. Our enthusiasm to view, along with my teenager's speed took us a long way from the boat. We were swimming against the waves to get back and it was very difficult. We heard them blow the return horn while were trying to swim back. My 13 year old son made it back but didn't know where we were so was searching the boat for us. My husband, 10 year old son and I were struggling to get to the boat as it pulled anchor and started engines and began to leave. Luckily, passengers saw us waving and yelling from about 50 yards away. My husband was experiencing leg cramping and was by deffinition a distressed swimmer, on the verge of panic and I had to carry him in the water. My 10 year old was panicked that they were leaving us. After being alerted by passangers, they looped around and picked us up and the crew was clearly embarrased. I told them my husband needed help getting on the boat but they were too busy apologizing for leaving us to hear me. They finally noticed he could not get in the boat by himself. Anyway, I thought the entire crew was unprofessional, from their lack of communication on the boat, lack of safety instructions for the water, lack of head count and inability to recogonize a distressed swimmer or what to do with him. BTW, they left us alone to recover, never checked in with us and I had to stagger around exhausted getting my husband water and towels on my own. They never asked if we needed anything. The captain never acknowledged his crew's error of almost leaving us. The crew was also showing an embarrasing amount of body parts that should have been covered. No need for that in a professional setting. I'm not a prude, but really girls, you looked as unprofessional as you behaved. Later in the week, we booked with another charter (PWF). What an amazingly educational and safe experience. I'm glad so many others on this site had good experiences with this charter but I would think carefully about your expectations before booking with Lani Kai.

Visited August 2013
Arroyo Grande, California
“My first snorkel and snuba adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This was my first trip to Maui and my first time snorkeling and I am so glad I was on the Lani Kai. The staff were so much fun and so professional. I needed some reassurance and coaxing just to snorkel but I was so glad I did. Snuba was unbelievable and I would have never done it if it was not for an amazing instructor like Marcella. She made me feel completely at ease and she was right, I did not want to come up!

Visited July 2013
San Jose, California
4 attraction reviews
“Best snorkeling trip EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was the best snorkeling trip ever. Boat was awesome and super friendly crew to match! The locations were beautiful. We did Molokai and coral town. These guys seemed far more experienced than the other tours out there. The snacks and drinks were great. Killer Mai Tai service on the way back. I really needed this trip. I'm writing this a year later but words can't explain how great I felt on this tour. All food is included, plenty of new equipment to use. Easy nice upscale boat for snorkeling. All was perfect!

Visited August 2012

Been to Lani Kai Snorkeling? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Lani Kai Snorkeling, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.