our first trip to Maui from Calgary, Canada, Jan 8th to 15th 2005.
I was a little leary because of the wide range of reviews on this hotel.
definitely not what I would have picked had I seen it in person prior to booking but it was clean & suited our purposes which was a place to hang our hat at night . our main goal was to sightsee & lay on the beach.
I was disappointed with the quality of the room for the price paid. The room & especially bathroom are worn & dated & much in need of an update .
As well everything had an extra charge,
- coffee maker provided but charged for every pouch of coffee or tea bag used
- in-room safe provided but charged if used.
- parking was $9 per day & it was hard to find an available spot most evenings .
all of these things should be included with the price of the room .
the restaurant was okay if you like buffets . the lounge had a limited menu & was not open past 10 pm so if you wanted to have a few drinks at the end of the day you had to go elsewhere.
overalll I was satisfied because of the location ( easy to get around to most sights from here) and beach ( large & not too busy)
as well as room cleanliness .
however I would not likely stay there again or recommend it.
if you are looking for luxury or modern decor then this is not the place to stay
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Royal Lahaina Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Lahaina Hotel Lahaina
- Royal Lahaina Resort Maui
- Royal Lahaina Maui
- Royal Hotel Lahaina
- Royal Lahaina Hotel Maui