This was our first trip to Maui and we chose Noelani as a referral from a family member who stayed there last year. We weren't disappointed as this resort was quiet with friendly staff and not over crowded. We had to switch rooms 3 times in order to stay the nine nights of our vacation. This turned out to be a blessing more than a hassel because we got to try out a one bedroom, a studio and an executive suite. The best unit we stayed in was #104. It faced the ocean and had very little foot traffic from the resort unlike the other two units. All 3 units were clean, well stocked with all the household items one would need and had modern decor (especially the executive suite). A couple of suggestions for improvements that would truly make this a 5 rating. 1) Mai Tai night is supposed to be for one hour. Unfortunately the Mai Tai's ran out after 30 minutes. Not sure if management was just being cheap or under estimated the numbers, however, management should make sure they live up to their commitment. 2) The pool/BBQ area plays soft & low Hawaiian Music from 5 PM until (supposedly) 10 PM. The music sets the ambience for a nice BBQ or relaxing in the pools/hot tub. Each night around 8 PM the music would stop and we had to ask staff to turn it back on. On a number of occasions staff left us with the impression that "someone" complained the music was too loud. Management should consider these points: Quiet time is 10 PM not 8PM. Not all guests eat dinner at 5 PM some like to eat later. The music should remain on until quiet time at 10.
Noelani seems to cater mostly to the age 65 + guests. The future 65+ guests are now in their late 40's - 50's. If you want this demographic to sustain your resort in the future as return guests than Noelani needs to consider their needs as well.
These are just a couple of points that would improve our stay at Noelani. Having said that, the concerns noted are not enough to keep us away and we plan on returning next year!!
I will recommend Noelani to others without hesitation!
- Also Known As:
- Noelani Condominium Hotel Lahaina
- Noelani Condominium Hotel
- Noelani Maui
- Noelani Condominium Resort Maui/Lahaina
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maui's Tropical Splendor! Noelani Condominium Resort offers oceanfront boutique accommodations and experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Orbitz, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Noelani Condominium Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.