“Wonderful Condo on the ocean” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Noelani Condominium Resort

Save Saved
You added Noelani Condominium Resort to your Saves list
Noelani Condominium Resort
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   4095-L Lower Honoapiilani Rd, Lahaina, Maui, HI 96761   |
“Wonderful Condo on the ocean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This was our third visit to Noelani on Maui. We stayed in a ground-floor studio that faced the ocean and was literally feet from the ocean. The view was fantastic. From our lanai we could see the islands of Lanai and Molokai, whales and surfers on the waves in front of us. The studio was clean and well-equipped and let a nice breeze through day and night. We did miss getting the fresh flowers in the room, which was a feature before. There was a Mai Tai party, a helpful concierge, an available outdoor barbeque, and plenty of parking right on the ocean. We plan to return. There is now WIFI in the rooms, which is very welcome.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Richmond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Fabulous ocean-side bachelor suite on the ground floor. Beach access steps away with views of daily sea-turtle visits. Snorkelling and swimming at a small public beach very convenient and safe. 2 pools 1 hot-tub with BBQ and bar hut attached. Full kitchen, balcony overlooking the ocean, sitting area with couch and table for dining. Comfortable Queen bed with sufficient maid service several times during our 1 week stay.Extremely quiet area (except for road noise outside the front door). Staff was very accomodating and friendly. Stress-free experience! Wallking distance to local shops but require a car to visit Lahaina for great food and shopping. Highly recommended for the price.

Room Tip: Might want to try one of the other buildings that aren't located right at the busy road?
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Victor NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We have been visiting Maui for many years and our favorite place to stay is the Noelani. It's location right on the ocean is perfect. And, it is clear that the condominium management team strives to continually improve the property. Bruce gives a great intro to the area the morning after you arrive. The staff is friendly and ever willing to help. The condos are maintained beautifully. It is the perfect place to stay for a few days or longer!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I cannot write a review that even comes close to sufficiently expressing what a wonderful holiday I had!

The staff are exceptional, Bruce's knowledge and advice is invaluable, location and amenities within the resort are second to none. The social gatherings are fun but not intrusive, the turtles are literally swimming along side you in the beautiful waters off the resort and the rooms are so well appointed you would think you were at home (but with much better views!).

A car rental is a must not only if you want to explore but also to get your provisions - I would highly recommend it.

I stayed on the second floor (room 202) and did not want to leave!!!!!!

Took a great boat trip, on the recommendation of Bruce, with crazy Dave of Safari Boat Tours around Lanaii and it was an awesome day out - a must for anyone who loves the water - I only learnt to snorkel this trip to Hawaii and now I am a snorkel junkie!!!

Everything about Maui and Noelani exceeded my expectations - I cannot wait to return.

A very warm Mahalo to all the wonderful staff for making this much anticipated trip ( and lifelong dream of Hawaii) a beautiful reality.

Best wishes, Corina.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We upgraded to room 218 and it was a great decision. The room is beautiful and has WiFi internet , docking station and updated decor. The view is beautiful and you still have some privacy. This property is a budget property. It's a good value when you compare it to other hotels in Maui. It is not in Lahaina. You will need a car to do anything. Sometimes it would rain at Noelani but be sunny at Lahaina. The noise from the road and the ocean breaking on rocks can be quite loud. Bring earplugs. There is a great surf break just in front of the hotel but do not come in too close because of the rocks. Do what the locals do.

Room Tip: Get an updated room.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I am writing this review as we are still on vacation at the Noelani in #106. This condo really needs some upgrading. The chairs at the table are SO bad you can't lean back because they are so broken down you feel like you are going all the way backwards! The couch is really dated and the pull out sleeper is extremely uncomfortable and they didn't even provide sheets for it! The chair in the living room is really uncomfortable also. THEN, there was no remote for the TV in the living room, the one for the stereo is grossly sticky, and the one in the bedroom........the batteries are SCOTCH TAPED into remote! The cover is gone.

First off, I agree that the location could not be better. Right smack on the water with an amazing view and Hawaiian green sea turtles every day to enjoy. BUT we have been bitten by bugs since the first night in this condo! We wake up with big red welts and itchy. I went to the office and spoke the manager about it, and she was EXTREMELY rude about it and said "what do you want me to do about it"? WHAT!!!! She said she could move us to another room for a night but we would have to move back the following day. What good would that do? I have NEVER been treated SO poorly by any staff much less a manager of a resort! Needless to say we are still in the room and still getting chewed!!!! Secondly, we are hearing EVERY footstep of the people above us and they walk all day and all night. They walk very heavy, opening and slamming drawers and you can actually hear them talking too! When they play music it is like it echoes through our condo! They are walking back and forth back and forth back and forth as I am writing this. I would go to the office to say something, but I know if they wouldn't do something about bugs, they certainly wouldn't do anything about horribly noisy neighbors! Thirdly, if you want to sleep soundly, this is NOT the place either! The road is right behind the complex so you do get a LOT of road noise. Don't let the office tell you that you don't like they did us when we booked, because you do!!! The bedrooms are on the road side!!! You not only hear all cars, trucks, brakes, you hear everyone walk by, playing their tv's in their bedrooms, the cars starting, kids yelling, babies crying, and the housekeepers walking by early with their carts etc. So when read other reviews that say there is road noise, believe it. There is!!!! Bring your industrial ear plugs!!!! If you are looking or a quiet relaxing resort, this is NOT it!!!!! If you just want a beautiful location, with phone calls from the resort on a daily basis which are annoying, with a lot of commotion constantly, then this is the place!!!

Oh, they are also hammering, sawing, throwing tools etc on a condo up and 2 down from us that starts around 9am every morning and we are hearing everything. Again, SO relaxing :-(

We come to Maui on almost a yearly basis and have always stayed at another condo that unfortunately just wasn't available this trip. For us, we will NEVER return to Noelani and will NOT recommend it to anyone!!!!!!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
AlohaNoelani, Manager at Noelani Condominium Resort, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Aloha,
Thank you for your feedback as this helps us pause and see if we are on track or falling short of our goal of customer service. I am sorry that I fell short of your expectations.I apologize if you thought that I was rude in my response to you. When you approached our front desk at 5:30 on Saturday night, I had little resources available to assist you. I was feeling frustrated as I could not come up any other options to offer you that you would accept. I am very sorry that you thought that it was rude. My question to you as walked away was - What can I do to help you? I offered to move you for 2 nights to an oceanfront 3 bedroom - all I had open and only for 2 nights to immediately take care of you until we could act on your room situation over the next two days.Yes you would have had to return to the room after we resolved any issue we found as we were sold out. Had we found any issue that we could not resolve during those two days, we would have worked to arrange accomodations elsewhere. When you did not wish to move and were walking away upset, I sent a staff member to your room and she met with your husband and they inspected together the linen and mattress. They found no evidence of any bugs - the staff is trained to look for evidence of bugs in the mattress seams etc. Your linen was just changed a few hours earlier on a maid service and was fresh and clean. She asked again if there was anything that we could do and was told no since there were no bugs found. The sleeper sofa was not made up as we do not make it up unless there are registered guests for the sleeper i.e. 4 people vs. 2 or if you had requested the sleeper sofa to be made up when making your reservation. We only have two people registered into the condo and were not made aware of the extra people that came later on to stay in your room. We have sheets in the office and would have been more than happy to provide those. Our staff member encouraged you to let us know if there continues to be a problem. Our staff called again the next day to see if all was ok and left a message.
Regarding the noise, yes there was a tile remodel at the end of the building about 6 condos away.This will be ending soon. The road you speak of is a lower frontage road that is up one level from your ground level condo and about 50 yards from the building. It is not a highway with the bedrooms on the road. We have signs posted and instructions highlighed about being quiet in the hallways. We are very sensitive to our guests comfort unlike the experience you relay and we would have alerted the people above you to walk softer and to be mindful of their bedroom tv.
Again I am sorry that I fell short of your expectations and that your experience was not as wonderful as we all want it to be for everyone. I certainly am more mindful now of how my own feeling of helplessness can be misinterpreted and for that I am grateful for your feedback.
Alameda, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We are locals from Oahu and we stayed a week at the Noelani resort suite 304 and I can not brag enough about it....The staff were so accomodating and helpful...The gentleman that did the morning orientation was very informative and all the guests we met which by the way were all regular vacationers there were so sweet to us. The condo was beautiful and the views were amazing. Definately a rare find in a sea of big condo complexs this one took the cake. It was just the right size had great access to the beach and wonderful activities that kept me, my husband, 5 kids and 2 girlfriends busy the whole week. The rooms were huge and the condo was well maintained and had all the ameneties you needed. We will definatly be returing as soon as we can!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms have great views some have some furniture that is more fancy than others but other tha...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Noelani Condominium Resort? Share your experiences!