We really liked the Napili Surf Beach Resort for the wonderful facility, the gorgeous location, the fantastic Napili sunsets and most of all the ultra-pleasant hospitality. General manager Scott Ullrich and Shannon, the night shift manager go out of their way to ensure you have a fun relaxing stay. We stayed here 4 nights Sep. 10th-14th basically to extend a vacation we had already planned at a condo in Kihei.
I will start this review by saying what this place is not. It is not a super fancy expensive all-inclusive resort that you overpay for facilities you are unlikely to use nor is it a loud place with lots of nightlife activities but where you will be bothered by noisy people partying at all hours of the night. Likewise it doesn’t have an onsite golf course nor onsite 5-star dining. If that is what you want, Maui offers lots of other fine establishments catering to that. Instead, what you will find here is a very comfortable clean and friendly facility that provides everything you need to enjoy a beachside Hawaii vacation at prices that do not break your budget. At Napili Surf, you are staying on one of the west-side’s most beautiful beaches without all of the crowds of Kannapali or the expense of Kapalua. You have the choice of an ocean-facing condo or a less expensive garden-facing one, which is where we stayed. Ours was a simple studio setup but many have one or more bedrooms. We liked the peaceful environment of the garden wing and the quieter secluded pool right outside our room. It met our needs very well, especially considering that we were out and about enjoying the activities like boat trips, snorkeling, hiking and sightseeing but still having significant beach time each day. The nearby BBQ setups near each building were clean and worked well and were very handy to avoid kitchen clean-ups the nights we stayed in.
Again I’ll reiterate, the friendly aloha attitude from hosts Scott and Shannon really made the stay great. On more than one occasion they helped guide us to good west-side locations. They also provided several onsite activities that typically aren’t included elsewhere. One evening guests were invited to a unique Polynesian dance show held on the lawn that instead of being the same old luau show was all done by a dance group that included young adults, teenagers and children of all ages right down to a 4-yr old boy who was really into it. Scott hosted the show from an open bar where he served up excellent Mai-Tais and local beers from the Maui Brewing Co. This was followed by an optional yummy BBQ dinner cooked and served onsite by staff from the neighboring Iron Emu restaurant. Another day, overlooking the beach they served a great breakfast of local Hawaiian baked goods and fresh Maui coffee. We especially liked the coconut-macaroon dumplings and the Hawaiian corn-bread French toast served with fresh pineapple jam. Other days we had great Hawaiian style breakfasts at the Gazebo oceanfront restaurant which is just a 5-minute walk from your room. There are other weekly activities held onsite for guests as well - My wife was upset that we would miss the Monday yoga session held on the grounds - something we will plan for next time.
Concluding this review, although we found Napili Surf almost by accident, I would have no problem basing my entire Maui vacation around it and I strongly recommend it to others looking for this type of place. We all know Hawaiian vacations can get pricey. Staying here affordably allows you to stay at a wonderful peaceful beachfront location while leaving enough cash for the daily activities you come to Hawaii for in the first place.
Jon & Ellen
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront on Napili Bay, nestled up against Kapalua and its world-class golf courses, Napili Surf Beach Resort is minutes away from Kaanapali and historic Lahaina Town. Fully-equipped condos offer the amenities and convenience of a resort, including daily maid service and free wireless Internet, with the comfort of your own home. Beautiful oceanfront grounds, two swimming pools, three barbecues, each with its own herb garden. Napili Surf Beach Resort is a non-smoking property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Napili Surf Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napili Surf Beach Hotel Lahaina
- Napili Surf Beach Lahaina
- Napili Surf Beach Resort Maui/Lahaina