“Location and Hospitality!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Lahaina
Bristol, Connecticut
“Location and Hospitality!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed here in September. When we arrived, we enjoyed the weekly Mai Tai social. A rainbow appeared, and the sunset over Napili Bay was spectacular. The grounds were meticulously manicured, and the unit was clean with a balcony where we enjoyed coffee in the a.m. and dinner cooked on their grill in the evening. There is a grocery store nearby where we bought food to grill. - A big money saver! The snorkeling was awesome. Many colorful tropical fish and lots of sea turtles. 3 weddings took place on the beach while we were there. The price was reasonable. We would love to go back someday.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
rockyHawaii, General Manager at Napili Surf Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Aloha Dlreau,

Thank you for your taking the time to review our resort. We consider Tripadviser the ultimate tool for travellers. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and are hopeing to return.

A Hui Hou!

Scott Ullrich
Napili Surf Beach Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed here for 5 days in August 2012 with our 3 children, ages 13, 9 and 9. The place was perfect for us! The pools are small, but the kids still enjoyed them. They did a lot of swimming and snorkeling; the location is perfect, so close to the beautiful beach. Our first floor unit was close enough for us to go back and forth from the beach to get a drink or a toy. The snorkeling was good with lots of turtles to see up close. The complex is close to a grocery store, where we bought fresh fish to cook on the grill in front of the units. We stayed at the Westin for 7 nights before we came to Napali Surf for 5 and although I liked the Westin too, I preferred Napali Surf because the location was better, the kitchen better equipped and the unit bigger.

Room Tip: The first floor corner unit facing the ocean is incredible with 2 big patio's.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Recently stayed in unit #202. It was very comfortable, quiet, and overlooking the beach. Seemed a good value for the area. Most of the visitors in the Napili area seemed to be couples in their 50's. Not many young children here. Grounds were impeccably maintained, great location on the beach. Less than a 10 mile drive to Lahaina or Kaanapali, which seemed more more crowded an congested. I'd stay here again without question!

Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed here for 6 nights recently and loved the place. It's right on the beach with very attractive grounds and a small swimming pool. We were in a studio unit with garden view and that was perfect for us. Our first night, there was a tsunami alert and the staff handled it very professionally, phoning everyone to prepare to evacuate, advising us on what to bring and where to go. Fortunately it turned out to be nothing, but better safe than sorry in my opinion. We found everyone ( staff and other guests ) to be very friendly and the weekly get togethers ( Mai Tai's on Wed, coffee on Friday morning) help to get to know some of the other guests. Although the rooms do not have air conditioning, we didn't find this to be a problem as there is always a pleasant breeze so it never got too warm. All the units have good size balconies and we usually ate breakfast and lunch on the balcony which was very pleasant. The beach is quite good but there is also another very nice beach ( Kapalua) only a short walk down the road. We also enjoyed the walking trail just beyond Kapalua beach. Some minor negative points about our unit is that the tv is rather small and the bed is only a double. But this is more than offset by the many positives including the fresh pineapple and Kona coffee provided on our first day. We met several guests who stay for a month and come back ever year and it's easy to see why.

Room Tip: some guests may prefer one of the ocean view units however they are quite a bit more expensive. We...
Pullman, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was everything we hoped for and more. We stayed Oct 5 - 13. The staff is fantastic, the room was beyond expectations, the view - simply amazing, the beach was superb. I could go on and on about how wonderful it was. You just have to experience it for yourselves.

We had reserved room 201 which was a one bedroom in the building that was closest to the ocean. It had a views from everywhere in the unit (except bathroom). We could see turtles from our room and hear the surf of the ocean. Though the days were warm, the cross breezes and windows in our particular unit kept it cool, no AC was necessary. We slept with sliders open each night. Nothing more peaceful that falling asleep to sounds of the ocean.

We enjoyed the mai-tai social on Wed evening. It was raining so we had it under cover and everyone was cheerful and friendly despite the rain. I am from WA state so the rain didn't bug me at all, in fact it was quite warm. On Friday morning they had a coffee hour - but they also had donuts and delicious (seriously DELICIOUS) fried cornbread and pineapple. It was scrumptious.

Our unit 201 was decorated in Hawaiian/tropical motif, it was very clean and the bed was quite comfortable. I had neck surgery 1 1/2 years ago so I am very particular about my bed. I gave it a thumbs up!

The pool was cleaned daily and very refreshing. The beach was one of the most beautiful on all of Maui. They have a lovely sandy area with chairs under some trees that is right next to the beach, but only for property guests. A very nice little area. I used the laundry facilities one day which were very clean.

I can't say enough good things about the staff, from the housekeepers, ground maintenance crew and office staff. In fact, my husband liked it so much, he has reserved the same unit for next year. That is a first for him and he got no complaints from me on his decision. I can't wait to return.

There was plenty of parking and it was quiet in the evening. Our unit had all the amenities needed in the kitchen. We only cooked breakfast though and used the fridge to keep our beer cold. There was many folks, young and old, the week we were there. I think if you had teenagers, it might be a bit dull, especially if they were looking for evening night life. But after all the fantastic snorkeling, walks along the Kapalua coastal trail and a few beers in the afternoon sun, we were too tired for late night antics.

This place is a definite winner!

Room Tip: room 201. you can't go wrong.
Coppell, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at the resort for only one night because we already had reservations for the following days at another resort. The location is great and the area is very quiet, in an older, partly residential area of the island. The beach is lovely, but we didn't have time to get in a snorkel. I understand the snorkeling is great in the Napili cove. We rented a studio room with a garden view and the pricing was great. Unfortunately, they were resurfacing our parking lot and we had to walk quite a distance from the other parking lot to our room. We noticed that some tenants were forced to park on the street because of the resurfacing. It was quite hot and humid on the day of our arrival and expected to find the room nice and cool. We were surprised with the lack of air conditioning and were forced to sleep with our patio door open (there was a safety screen in place), but were really hot all night. When we complained upon check out, the desk clerk clearly reminded me that their website clearly stated the lack of A/C. Maybe it did, and I just missed it. The view appeared to be great from the units facing on the ocean, and perhaps the air circulation was better there. Just wanted everyone to be aware.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view and check to see if air conditioning has been added
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I absolutely love this little resort! I stayed October 4 - 7th in Room 206. The resort upgraded my room to an ocean view condo and it had ALL the comforts of a home. The condo even had books for reading on the beach. The resort is right on the beach and it is a WONDERFUL calm/safe beach for swimming and snorkeling! The ladies in the front office were very helpful with recommendations on tours to take and places to visit.

While I was there, the condo that was below the unit beside my unit had to be excavated. The property manager called me before the work started and informed me that it would start at 9am and end at 4pm throughout my stay. I have to admit, it was rather noisy during the day, but quiet at night. When I checked out the property manager made everything right, by only charging me for 2 nights. It was very considerate and thoughtful for the property manager to call ahead of time and making an effort to make things right.

I will definitely stay here again when I return to Maui.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Napili Surf Beach Resort? Share your experiences!