This was everything we hoped for and more. We stayed Oct 5 - 13. The staff is fantastic, the room was beyond expectations, the view - simply amazing, the beach was superb. I could go on and on about how wonderful it was. You just have to experience it for yourselves.
We had reserved room 201 which was a one bedroom in the building that was closest to the ocean. It had a views from everywhere in the unit (except bathroom). We could see turtles from our room and hear the surf of the ocean. Though the days were warm, the cross breezes and windows in our particular unit kept it cool, no AC was necessary. We slept with sliders open each night. Nothing more peaceful that falling asleep to sounds of the ocean.
We enjoyed the mai-tai social on Wed evening. It was raining so we had it under cover and everyone was cheerful and friendly despite the rain. I am from WA state so the rain didn't bug me at all, in fact it was quite warm. On Friday morning they had a coffee hour - but they also had donuts and delicious (seriously DELICIOUS) fried cornbread and pineapple. It was scrumptious.
Our unit 201 was decorated in Hawaiian/tropical motif, it was very clean and the bed was quite comfortable. I had neck surgery 1 1/2 years ago so I am very particular about my bed. I gave it a thumbs up!
The pool was cleaned daily and very refreshing. The beach was one of the most beautiful on all of Maui. They have a lovely sandy area with chairs under some trees that is right next to the beach, but only for property guests. A very nice little area. I used the laundry facilities one day which were very clean.
I can't say enough good things about the staff, from the housekeepers, ground maintenance crew and office staff. In fact, my husband liked it so much, he has reserved the same unit for next year. That is a first for him and he got no complaints from me on his decision. I can't wait to return.
There was plenty of parking and it was quiet in the evening. Our unit had all the amenities needed in the kitchen. We only cooked breakfast though and used the fridge to keep our beer cold. There was many folks, young and old, the week we were there. I think if you had teenagers, it might be a bit dull, especially if they were looking for evening night life. But after all the fantastic snorkeling, walks along the Kapalua coastal trail and a few beers in the afternoon sun, we were too tired for late night antics.
This place is a definite winner!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront on Napili Bay, nestled up against Kapalua and its world-class golf courses, Napili Surf Beach Resort is minutes away from Kaanapali and historic Lahaina Town. Fully-equipped condos offer the amenities and convenience of a resort, including daily maid service and free wireless Internet, with the comfort of your own home. Beautiful oceanfront grounds, two swimming pools, three barbecues, each with its own herb garden. Napili Surf Beach Resort is a non-smoking property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Napili Surf Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napili Surf Beach Hotel Lahaina
- Napili Surf Beach Lahaina
- Napili Surf Beach Resort Maui/Lahaina