Oct. 5 to 15, 2007
On this our 5th visit to Maui in a time frame of over 20 years, my husband and I were looking for accomodations that would fufill the desire to relax and also offer convenient ammenities. We certainly found it in Unit B25 at Napili Point Resort.
The location of the resort was perfect and the unit provided a beautiful view of the bay, the turtles, an occasional rainbow and of course beautiful sunsets! The unit has been renovated with new kitchen cabinets and tiled bathroom, no air conditioning but it was NOT missed, just keep the windows open and the ceiling fans on and enjoy the fresh Hawaiian air. The furnishings were comfortable. I was at first a little disappointed that the color scheme was a bit drab (beige, beige, beige with some orange) not very bright in Hawaiian colors. However, the beautiful views totally removed my initial disappointment with the decor.
The grounds of the property are very well kept and the pool areas were clean and nice. A small issue I created by not properly operating the safe was handled within minutes by the maintenance personnel.
The rocky shore in front of the resort allows for a tranquil setting without foot traffic as found with some beach front locations. The short walk to the beach along the rocks can be tricky but the beach access road is close by. We did take the car to the access road to transport our beach chairs (provided by the condo owners) and other beach things. Parking can be very limited along the small road. The beautiful beach cove area is great for snorkeling and was never very crowded. We spent some time looking at a few hotels in Kaanapali and Wailea where we had stayed in the past and found them very busy and the beach and pool areas over run with tourists. We were so pleased that we had decided to stay at Napili Point.
The nearby Gazebo Restaurant has good food for breakfast and lunch with usually a waiting line. But very worth the wait for the food and atmosphere on the water. We also enjoyed dinner at the Sea House Restaurant located down the beach at the Napili Kai Beach Resort. The nearby Napili Market is convenient for groceries etc.
I would rate this a 4 star property. If you are looking for peaceful, clean, comfortable and relaxing this is the place. If you are used to more upscale accomodations with fancy ammenities and lots of activity then you should stay elsewhere.
Back home in Georgia what we miss the most is the beautiful sunsets with cocktails on our lani in this beautiful paradise that for a short ten days we were able to call "home". WE WILL RETURN!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled above shimmering Honokeana Bay, Napili Point Resort is a 115 unit low rise condominium where every condo has an incredible ocean view. In the distance, the islands of Moloka’i and Lana’i rise from the warm waters of the blue Pacific, silhouetting spectacular legendary Maui sunsets. Relax at one of our two oceanfront swimming pools set amid our beautifully landscaped tropical grounds or our outdoor barbecues and picnic tables. Watch the waves roll into Honokeana Bay and during the winter months (December thru April) witness the humpback whales cavorting in the distance. This is the view from your own lanai. Here, you will find a quiet, relaxed and scenic Hawaiian atmosphere. This is your home in paradise…Enjoy some of the best snorkeling and swimming on Maui in Honokeana Bay. Multi-colored coral and countless tropical fish and sea turtles await you in the Bay – literally just steps outside your door. It’s like an aquarium except that it’s entirely natural and you swim among the fish and coral instead of looking through a window! At the tip of our "point" you will find tide pools filled with crabs, tiny hatchling tropical fish and countless other species to investigate. It’s a great place to enjoy the natural beauty of the sea while only getting your feet wet! As a value rental program guest, you will enjoy the following amenities: Daily Housekeeping Service, Full Kitchen, Washer & Dryer, Hair Dryer, Lanai with Ocean View, Color TV with DVD Player, In-room Safe Two Swimming Pools, BBQs and Picnic Areas, Weekly Nature Walk, Pineapple Cutting Demonstration, Free broadband internet service is available. You just need to provide your laptop computer with an ITC Ethernet jack (the Ethernet cord is provided in each unit). BBQ: 5 gas and 1 charcoal – guests must provide their own charcoal and lighter fluid. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Napili Point Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napili Point Hotel Lahaina
- Napili Point Lahaina
- Napili Point Resort Maui/Lahaina