“Perfect vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Lahaina
Santa Clarita, California
“Perfect vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I traveled with our 9 year old and my sister and her boyfriend. We had the oceanfront view 2 bedroom/3 bedroom lock off. It's a 3 bedroom timeshare but the third bedroom was locked off since we didn't need it. I was contacted by the Marriott staff regarding room preferences 1 week before travel. I asked for high floor (we got 11th floor) and she recommended getting the 2 bedroom lock off instead of the 2 bedroom because of the longer balcony. I'm glad I listened. We basically had breakfast outside everyday. There was minimal remodeling in the Lahaina tower... It's all done, rooms look great. The construction noise from the Hyatt is minimal during the day.
The location of this hotel is great. The staff and customer service is friendly.
Our timeshare suite had full kitchen, laundry, 2 queen beds in the second bedroom, pullout couch and of course the king in the master. It could sleep 8 but the 5 of us were very comfortable and everybody had privacy and space.
When we got in, we stopped by Costco. Having a kitchen really cut down our costs. We ate out at restaurants a few times and for the 5 of us, with alcohol, usually ran about $150-200. We did take advantage of the pool bar several times, Mai tais are $8 at Happy Hour and $10 regularly.
Bring snorkel gear or rent at the towel hut, lots of fish at the beach. The beachwalk is beautiful and access to lots of bars, nightlife, and Kanapali beach 1/2 mile away with more awesome snorkeling. We saw turtles and rays.
Great, relaxing vacation!

Room Tip: Make high rooms a priority. If you have the option of 2 bedrooms, get the 2 bedroom/with third bedr...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
West Chester, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

The location of this resort is perfect. A quick walk to many things, a short ride to "downtown" Lahaina, and right on the water. The rooms are well appointed, and the service is great. We stay here once a year and would never choose another hotel on Maui. This is our Hawaiian paradise!

• Stayed October 2013
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed in the Lanai tower in September, with an oceanfront room that absolutely made our vacation perfect. We had just come from Kauai, another Marriott timeshare, with an island view, and the ocean view was really a romantic and special addition to our trip.

The balcony view to the ocean was amazing and yes, we did overlook the pool area as well, but the ocean, the ocean, the ocean! We had brilliant sun, glowing moon, and a rainbow. It was wonderful!

The staff was very good from check-in through check-out. Everyone we encountered was helpful, polite, and informative.

The room itself was fine, nothing super-duper special, but clean and spacious, and did I mention the ocean view? :) We had one bedroom with a sitting area, bathroom with one sink, a tiny 'wet bar style-kitchen" with microwave, coffeemaker, toaster, plates and cups, etc. but no kitchen sink, no dishwasher. We stocked our fridge with breakfast things and snacks but didn't do any real cooking there. Had an ok dinner one night at the restaurant on the property- Longboards-it was pricey for what it was, but pretty much in line with other dinners we had on Ka'anapali Beach (Leilani's, Hula Grill). Trip splurge was our anniversary dinner at Lahaina Grill!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights with my boyfriend after a long 3 days in Hana. It was a welcomed change. I stayed in 2 towers (we had to change rooms because of availability halfway through). The 2 towers we stayed in were the newly renovated ones, apparently. They were both really nice. Clean. Nicely furnished. Nothing was outdated. Aside from the bathtub draining a bit slow, it was great. I don't complain about silly things like that while I am in paradise : )

I didn't eat at any of the restaurants except the pool bar grill type place. It was pricey, but solid bar type food. It was good. The drinks at the pool bar weren't strong... but I didn't really expect them to be.

The service was good. The rooms were clean. The views were great. I was there in September so the pools/beach/hottub weren't crowded... which was NICE! I enjoyed being able to get a lounge chair no matter what time it was.

The customer service desk (for booking trips) was very helpful and accommodating. They didn't pressure us and gave solid advice.

I would recommend this Marriott to everyone. Families, couples, friends, etc.

Room Tip: Even the 'garden view' room we had was great. The mountain view was beautiful and was a gre...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Visited Oahu and Maui in August. In Oahu, we stayed at Hilton Waikiki Villiage using HH pts. I am a HH Gold there and I enjoyed an free upgrade to a room with big balcony and free breakfast. So when going to Maui, I expect the similar considering I just recently became Platinum and I paid cash for the stay. No, terrible. Maybe I will feel better should I haven't stayed at Hilton. The contrast is huge.

Here is my quick comments:
Pro:
- Few people, Much more quiet than Waikiki (not the hotel's reason)
- Close to beach (you can't snorkel at the nearby though, have to walk to black rock)
- Some staffs are friendly
Cons:
- don't give any benefit to Platinum but just 500 points!
I read the post and know it is a time-share property so I probably won't get upgrade. But at least I have read that I will have some welcome gift like free parking and/or free refill mug. None now!
- False info from the front desk.
I requested a high floor in my booking and was given a six floor. I asked if I can go higher. The front desk said, we only have 7 floors. They are already booked. However, after my four night stay, I can tell: that there are 8 floors and I hardly saw any light from the rooms on high floors. In other words, it was not occupied. As a minimum respect to your guests, why didn't you open them to your paid guest?
- I don't need to say there is no breakfast here. Even if it is a time share and some with kitchen. I pretty sure many visitors still love a free breakfast. Why you can't have it simply because you are time-share? I don't understand the logic.
- You can expect my unhappyness as I checked out, but still I politely asked them to waive the parking fee considering my elite status and they used to do it last year. I only got one word, "No".

OK, if you just like its location or get a deal, you can still go. But if you are an elite member, don't expect any better treatment here. You are just everybody. I won't return to this hotel.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

My family and I loved the rooms, location and especially the pool. Rooms were clean and had everything we needed. Food was great, shopping 10 minute walk away and the staff were friendly. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

REVIEW IS FOR FAMILIES! My husband and I stayed here and it was awesome. The best time to go is definitely September. There were few families and the weather was perfect. Granted we did not have our young daughter with us, we will certainly return and bring her. We were in the Napali(sp) tower. Which is more the timeshare suites, and our room faced the ocean. SUPERB.
There are plenty of grills for any number of families to enjoy and make dinner, especially if you do not want to spend the insane amount of money going out to eat. The neighboring pools of the other hotels and the Wharf's Village provide plenty of activities for a family to enjoy. I am super excited to stay here again. My ONLY complaint....if you get the cabanas do not expect the food/drink service to be on point. You are better off, going back to your suite and making your own lunch, and all the liquor you want.

Room Tip: Definitely, beware of the Napali tower as the there is construction going on at the Hyatt next door...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Marriott's Maui Ocean Club? Share your experiences!