We stayed at the Mahana for 7 nights. We rented from a private owner, so I'll just be reviewing the hotel. The staff was great, and the grounds were very well kept. The view was out of this world. We usually saw whales every morning. The view out the door to the elevator was great too! The whole place was VERY clean.
The wireless internet was weak though. It didn't work very well. About 50% connection and it would drop you every 5-10 mins. The reception was better by the pool, and it only worked on the balcony. We were on the 10th floor, it might be better on lower floors.
There is beach all the way south to the black rock, and there is a pathway in the back of the black rock to get over to the hotels on the other side. The Mahana is approx 1 1/2 miles from the black rock via the beach. I'm sure during high tide there may be one place you'd have to get your feet wet. Otherwise it is fine. A few runners on the beach. Tried that, and it was fun. The beach is on quite an angle and it was a tough calf workout. :)
The beach in front is unusable due to the reef in the water, but the portions just south and north are great. We only stayed on our beach 2 times our whole trip. Once just south of the mahana, and then another time in front of the Embassy.
Oh, Yoga at Kaanapali shores with Ava on Monday/Fridays at 9am, was great!! She charges $15 for 1 1/2 hours. You can use the gym at Kaanapali Shores for $10 too. It's okay as far as hotel gyms go. I've seen better and worse.
Also, it is VERY easy to get to the other resorts via the beach or the sidewalk. We ate breakfast in the condo watching the whales every morning, but did go to the embassy one day for lunch. Actually had decent food/drinks at the pool side cafe. I had one of the best mahi mahi sandwiches of the trip there. Drinks were good too.
The location was great. We jogged on Lower Honoapiilani. There is a sidewalk for about 2 miles out then you can run on the road. It doesn't have heavy traffic. There is nice shade on the road too. Our best running was on that road.
We really enjoyed our time at The Mahana. We'd stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the seclusion of this beachfront condominium resort where each custom-furnished oceanfront suite features floor-to-ceiling windows and a private lanai with panoramic views of the Pacific and Maui's magical sunsets. Nearby attractions include Lahaina Town and the Sugar Cane Train. At the Mahana, you can experience the tranquility of Maui. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Aston Hotels & Resorts, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Aston Mahana at Kaanapali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Mahana At Kaanapali Hotel Lahaina
- Aston Hotel Lahaina
- Mahana At Kaanapali Aston
- Resortquest Mahana Kaanapali
- Mahana Kaanapali
- Aston Mahana At Kaanapali Maui/Lahaina