We just returned home from Maui, and the Mahana, and hated to leave.
The Mahana is an extremely well kept, beautiful resort within a stone's throw from the ocean. Our room, 812, was a recently renovated (late 2004) room with granite countertops, ceramic tiles, new appliances and a great queen sized bed. We were a little more than 1/2 way up, and it was perfect. Quick elevators. Nothing obstructed our view, plus we could hear the ocean every night without any problem. (With or without the patio door open)
You can sit on the balcony and stare at the ocean all day and night. We saw beautiful sunsets and watched the moon set every morning at well. And the stars - it seemed like you could reach out and grab them.
Though you can't swim in the water directly in front of the hotel due to some large rocks in the ocean, go a few hundred feet either direction and you're all set. The beaches are very clean.
The Mahana is very quiet and not "busy" like some of the other beach area hotel areas. The pool is nice, and warm and was not crowded. BBQ's allow you to cook out right near the pool. There is a market across the street (about a 10 minute walk), or there is a Safeway up the street toward Lahaina.
I guess I would sum this place up as affordable,quaint, and convenient (10 min ride to Lahaina, 5 min to Whaler's Village, about 45 min to the airport when the road's aren't busy). We traveled all around the whole island, and if we were to return, we would stay here again among all the choices we saw. It was perfect for what we wanted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the seclusion of this beachfront condominium resort where each custom-furnished oceanfront suite features floor-to-ceiling windows and a private lanai with panoramic views of the Pacific and Maui's magical sunsets. Nearby attractions include Lahaina Town and the Sugar Cane Train. At the Mahana, you can experience the tranquility of Maui. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Aston Hotels & Resorts, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Aston Mahana at Kaanapali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Mahana At Kaanapali Hotel Lahaina
- Aston Hotel Lahaina
- Mahana At Kaanapali Aston
- Resortquest Mahana Kaanapali
- Mahana Kaanapali
- Aston Mahana At Kaanapali Maui/Lahaina