This is our fourth trip to Maui in the past two years and our fourth time staying at the Aston Mahana.
As in two prior trips, we chose a premium studio condominium booked directly through the Aston hotel chain's website. We prefer to book through Aston (as opposed to booking directly with a unit's owner) because they are on-site should any problems arise.
Given that each unit (within the two 12-storey towers on the property) is individually owned, the decor, furnishings, and kitchen appliances will differ from unit to unit.
We have always selected a premium (i.e., updated) unit during our stays and have not been disappointed thus far.
For this trip, our unit (#703) was well appointed with a comfortable bed, decent linens, and a small kitchen that met all of our needs with dishes, cutlery, and cooking utensils. There was a stove-top but no traditional oven. Instead, the microwave had convection-bake capabilities that worked just as well. We really appreciated having a dishwasher, washer, and dryer in the unit too.
For this trip, we stayed for 14 nights starting on April 28. We prefer an upper floor as that will usually get you the best views of the ocean.
As in prior stays, the grounds and pool area are kept immaculate. The Aston staff have always been friendly and helpful. We prefer late-in-the-day housekeeping (i.e., after 2:00 PM) and that was easily accommodated.
There is a $15 daily amenity fee but that is off-set with free parking, wi-fi, beach towels, DVD movie rentals, and an in-room safe.
There are several things that keep us coming back to this property:
- Consistently pleasant stays with friendly and helpful staff.
- Extraordinary ocean views. All of the units have ocean-front views. There are no "mountain" or garden views" when staying at the Mahana.
- Proximity to Kaanapali Beach. Just steps from the property is a pristine beach where you can walk bare foot for miles!
- Proximity (i.e., walking distance or very short drive) to the Times Supermarket in a small strip mall that includes a variety of affordable eating establishments.
- Quiet grounds. Many of the guests are in their 40s or older without noisy kids.
Other things to consider about staying at this property:
-The pool area doesn't resemble a theme park. This may be an issue with some families with children who prefer waterfalls and slides when they're in the water.
- There is no valet parking or bell-boys to haul your luggage to your room. Actually, we prefer it this way but others may not.
- There are not any spa services or restaurants on site. This has never mattered to us, but it may for others.
- Although there is no restaurant, there is a snack bar located next to the pool where you can get coffee drinks, hamburgers, hot-dogs, etc. We purchased food and drinks several times while we were at the pool and found it to be really good!
Bottom line: This is not the Four Seasons, or even a Westin or a Marriott. And quite frankly, I am glad it isn't because those types of places are not within my budget for a 14 night stay in Maui. All-in-all, the Aston Mahana has been a great place to stay for us and we have found no reason to look elsewhere while in Maui.
If we weren't travelling to France this upcoming September, we would have returned to the Mahana for another visit later this year. Nevertheless, if our travel plans next year include Maui, then we will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the seclusion of this beachfront condominium resort where each custom-furnished oceanfront suite features floor-to-ceiling windows and a private lanai with panoramic views of the Pacific and Maui's magical sunsets. Nearby attractions include Lahaina Town and the Sugar Cane Train. At the Mahana, you can experience the tranquility of Maui. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Aston Hotels & Resorts, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Aston Mahana at Kaanapali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Mahana At Kaanapali Hotel Lahaina
- Aston Hotel Lahaina
- Mahana At Kaanapali Aston
- Resortquest Mahana Kaanapali
- Mahana Kaanapali
- Aston Mahana At Kaanapali Maui/Lahaina