My husband and I spent 12 days (from January 7 to 19, 2013) at Aston Mahana Kaanapali in an ocean front studio (7th floor). It was perfect! The room was clean and we had everything we needed; full kitchen, laundry, a lot of storage for our clothes and the view..was spectacular. You can't beat that view! We saw whales every day from our patio and we also saw a sea turtle. Every night we would sit down on our patio and watch the sunset. Like I said, You CAN'T beat the view or be any closer to the ocean!
The staff was very nice and helpful. You can book activities with the concierge at the condonium itself, which was nice. We booked a helicopter ride, a snorkling activity to the Molokini crater, a whale watching excursion and a dinner at the old Lahaina Luau. We also did the Hana drive and we watched the sunrise at the Haleakala National Park (which I highly recommend).
The hotel is at a 10 minutes drive from the town of Lahaina, which is really fun for shopping, dinning out or surf lessons. If you don't want to drive, you have a grocery store across the street from the hotel and you can find anything you need to cook a fantastic meal. There is also the Duke restaurant which is a 5 minute walk from the hotel (accessible by the boardwalk). The food is delicious and we loved the ambiance.The pool at the hotel is very clean and it was never overcrowded. The Kaanapali beach (where the hotel is situated) was GORGEOUS! You do have a lot of coral right in front of the hotel, but makes it fun to snorkel. If snorkeling isn't your thing, you walk 5 minutes and it's perfect for a swim and relaxation.
If you are looking for a quiet and romantic spot, this is for you! We didn't see a lot of children on the property, mostly adults and couples. If you are looking for an all inclusive resort, with a lot of activites, restaurant, entertainment on site, this is not the place for you.
My Husband and I loved our stay at Aston Mahana and we will be back for sure!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the seclusion of this beachfront condominium resort where each custom-furnished oceanfront suite features floor-to-ceiling windows and a private lanai with panoramic views of the Pacific and Maui's magical sunsets. Nearby attractions include Lahaina Town and the Sugar Cane Train. At the Mahana, you can experience the tranquility of Maui. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Aston Hotels & Resorts, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Priceline, Otel and Venere so you can book your Aston Mahana at Kaanapali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Mahana At Kaanapali Hotel Lahaina
- Aston Hotel Lahaina
- Mahana At Kaanapali Aston
- Resortquest Mahana Kaanapali
- Mahana Kaanapali
- Aston Mahana At Kaanapali Maui/Lahaina